Howdy! Building up an M715

DTSchofield

Hey Gang!

Newbie here. Im building up an M715 and let my dimentia get away from me again. Im yanking the old gas drive line and axles. Without the drive line this beast weighs just at 6000 lbs. No pushing it around the yard to work on it sooooooo............... Im dropping in a 2nd gen 12 Valve Cummins, bought a ZF6 six speed, eventually go with a divorced transfer case from SCS gear out of Ohio. I trade up for a set of Dana 70's out of a 73 Dodge Field Hospital. 1 1/2 inch 35 spline and input rated at 8000 lbs of torque. Im making something even I would have to work at to break!

Looking for input and tips and suggestions so I can get the beast running and when I leave Cali Ill have a great beast of a tow rig.

One thing I do know I need is the adapter plate that goes between the Cummins and the ZF6. Anyone happen to have one that needs a new home?

The other project is a 82 C 20 shot bed frame, gonna drop in a 4BT cumming upgraded with trubo, 456 Muncie and NP205 with a gear vendor over drive and coporate 14 and fully trussed Dana 44 front.

Champagne and caviar dreams and cool aid and pretzel budget!

Drop me a note and say hello and Ill find a way to get pics posted during the builds.

David iron_warden in yahoo messenger

Back