Howdy from Missouri

Flint Hills

Howdy from Missouri. I’ve been on Cummins forum for awhile and saw a lot of links to compd so I figured I might as well sign up here too. My 01’ Cummins will probably stay mostly stock until I graduate college, but I’d like to ppump it and put a large single like S475 on it for a wild DDhttp://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif. I love my truck and I’d like to work in the diesel performance field. I’m working on my degree in mechanical engineering right now. Anyone know of how this degree and diesels can be combined, like any companies that hire engineers. Thanks and howdy everyone!

Welcome!!!

Where you getting your mechE at?

I'm in Rolla and we have a very good mechanical engineering program here.

I think any engineering field is good for understanding how systems work regardless of diesel/gas/aero/etc..

Thanks for the reply! Right now I’m at Longview Community College south of KC in Lee’s Summit. I’m actually transferring to Rolla in the fall of 2013. I was just down there last week to visit the campus and take a tour and I am really excited to go there. The campus is real nice, the town is pretty cool, and the state parks close by sound great for hunting and other outdoor treks. Are there any good diesel shops in the area? Just curious if I need any work done on my truck when I get down there. Thanks!

Welcome to comp d from St.Louis! I think Central Diesel Performance is in Rolla.

welcome to CompD. i live in smithville north of kansas city, and you live about 20 min from my work. my brother is going to school to do the same thing here in kansas city through MCC.

@stlcummins – Thanks for the help! I’ll look them up when I get down there.
@Chevycummins - Wow! That’s pretty cool! You’re just up the road from me. Which campus is your brother going to? I wonder if we are in some of the same classes.

he goes to maple woods and BTC over off Front st. and 435. you might be in some of the same classes as him. he is either there on the bike or in his duramax.

They are not. I wanna say they are in Joplin.

We have two "diesel performance" shops in Rolla. They are not very impressive. They sell chips n airfilters.

Comp d will set you straight and keep you from doing dumb things like put a chip on your 12V

They are not. I wanna say they are in Joplin.

We have two "diesel performance" shops in Rolla. They are not very impressive. They sell chips n airfilters.

Comp d will set you straight and keep you from doing dumb things like put a chip on your 12V

I appreciate your advice! Thanks all for the welcome!

Back