How's the inside of my trans pan look?

william_04_x

I pulled the pan and did a fluid and filter change on my TQShift this afternoon...It's had a really bad 3rd gear shift lately..With XRace tune, under moderate throttle, it feels like it's grabbing 2 or 3 times before it locks in...WOT isn't as bad...When it's stock, 3rd gear will occasionally flare pretty bad..The fluid and filter change helped a little..Does this look excessive for 80K miles? I've had it serviced at 30K and 60K..

PIC-0228.jpg

PIC-0229.jpg

PIC-0235.jpg

This is the original tranny in the truck and it's seen 60K+ miles of hard towing(+10K#) over the past 4+ years and 19 passes at the track this season(1/4 mile)...

No complaints...I got my moneys worth...

The stuff on the magnet is from the converter and is completely normal. The metal flakes that don't stick to the magnet are what shoud put a little concern in the back of your mind. The filter likes to hide problems. Its an 04 truck I take it from your signature. These are the trucks with planetary failures. If it has ever been worked on for that and it was overhauled instead of exchanged the parts department was handing out the same planetary set with the same part number as the bad ones. So..... its up to you. True fix was to use the 05 components.

it's never been torn into..

i know it's almost done just from the way it's shifting..just wondering how bad it looked relative to others that people have seen..

seems to engage just fine...never had a R problem..just the forward gears...do you think a shot of :nos: would help LOL...

my motor's studded so i may give it a try...:woohoo:

i promise not to come back with 11 sec claims...:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Well you are from Nevada. Where the air out there is good for 100hp.

Every 04 trans I had fail, seemed to shift the best it ever had about 100-150 miles before the tow/haul started flashing. The original trans in my truck looked like it had a tablespoon of aluminum in the pan and lasted for another 8k. Nitrous on a tuned trans isn't as bad as running big sticks with a stock tune.

Back