hows the rear locker

moss

eager to start pulling
just got myself a torsen, trac rite, or what ever its called. just wondering what you guys have to say about them. anything special i need to do before i make a pass racing or pulling? thanks

Anything less than a Detroit, or an ARB, will prolly break sled pulling.

thats a good one there! but seriously, anything special for racing?

I do believe Sleddy is serious. They aren't that strong from the factory. However, I've heard you can stack the clutches to increase the holding power. Google DTR for the trac lock rebuilding thread on stacking clutches?

bnraodn.

oh he is serious. when mine broke it took everything along with it. axles, gears, even scored the bearing races. like he said arb or detroit. detroit's are less headaches than arb though.

joefarmer said:
I do believe Sleddy is serious. They aren't that strong from the factory. However, I've heard you can stack the clutches to increase the holding power. Google DTR for the trac lock rebuilding thread on stacking clutches?

bnraodn.

You can stack clutches in a Dana, but as already stated, there are no "clutches" per sey in an AAM.

Also, the detroit/ARB are due out this year...but they were also due out two years ago...

There are "clutches" in the trac-rite...they are termed "shoes" in the blueprint diagrams. I believe the trac-rite is a gear-biased LSD IIRC...

steved

i was under the impression they are gear type lockers. this is for an 11.5" ring gear. we dont have any other choices. stock gm or this one. i got 3 years out of my factory unit sled pulling and racing. they break from burn outs not pulling!