Hpop??

When i put a box on the truck, it runs good till i start slowing down and coast and then the truck just dies.. i figured that must be the hi psi oil pump and the box is just putting more stress on it? but without it it runs great..(after it warms up) Who carries the cheapest oil pumps around?

Wait, so your truck runs fine without a box on it. You add the box and it starts to dies (when you coast). Is that right?

Sounds to me like a problem with your box.

There are a lot of symptoms with a HPOP and that doesn't sound like any of them.

Who’s box are you running?

I was running a quad mileage max and with it when i got on it at 70 it felt like it was just slipping, revvin up but not going nowhere, so Kenny at Dr.P hooked me up with a module from him, but yeah without it it runs fine, with it it runs great till i get on it, and then let off and coast for a little bit and it dies and takes about 3 times to start back up

I had the box checked, nothing wrong with it, put a quadzilla on and it wasn't running right either.
Where can you get tunes for the sct?

if it runs right with your box removed, then it most likely isn't anything to do with your sensors or components. 99% of the time, it is your box.

As far as your ICP sensor, it can cause any number of issues and problems. Check the plug and see if the plastic insert is in the plug or if it fell into the sensor.

Its not the sensor. Its that when you get out of the throttle and it keeps thinking that it has more pressure than it needs it keeps dumping pressure until the truck dies because the computer doesn't realize that it should stop dumping pressure cause of the jacked up info from the box. When you rely on faking out signals instead of tuning it properly, this is what you get. Truck can't recover fast enough on the bottom end. Same reason trucks stall out when you romp the throttle on some of the diablo tuners. It asks for more pressure than it needs. Doesn't raise the pump output and then crashes from not enough recovery time.

Ok i talked to dr. performance about it and he said more then likely its not that box, he think its just putting more stress on the oil psi and the hpop cant keep up and thinks its a symptom of it going out.. but yea without the box its runs.. well like a 6.0 lol.. but i had a brand new quad mileage max and it didn't do it, but when i get into it at 70 it didn't go anywhere, just revved up and felt like it was slippin really bad

last might i plugged the box back in and did 30-85 punch and recorded it on a matco comp. it never did die on me, or set en engine light, but when i pulled back over the matco showed the oil psi was 600 lower then desired during that time and the matco showed an icp code.
When i first started it, and did an injector test it read the number 4 cylinder was low, then i repeated it again and it didn't read anything.. But it sputters early in the morning when its cold, is it possible for that injector not to act right when its cold but once it warms up its okay?

Back