HT3B vs. HX60 for bottom turbo

ckolloff

I'm collecting parts to cobble together a twins setup. I've been planning on the tried and true HX35 over HT3B since it's an economical solution that fits my needs (occasional towing 10-15K, relatively dependable fun street truck, less than 5-600rwhp goal). I recently got a line on a cheap local HX60.

I know the HX60 similar and has been successfully used as a bottom turbo w/ a 35 but what are the pro/cons of the HX60 when compared to the more commonly used HT3B in this application?

Its the same just newer model. I think it may rotate the opposite direction maybe. Check the exhaust housing size. It will work great.

HX60 is a bit bigger than a HT3B. One I have on the bench is an 83mm inducer. Given the size of the 35's, I would look for a HT60.

HT60=updated HT3B

HX60 is just under an HT4 iirc.

I thought the only difference in the HT60 and HX60 is direction of rotation, size should be the same between the two.

I thought the only difference in the HT60 and HX60 is direction of rotation, size should be the same between the two.

im pretty sure your right. i can look tomorrow at work. HT3B is tad smaller to? i think. hmm now i gotta find out. lol

Great info in that link- much more than I can wrap my head around. Thanks guys.