htb2 in and out shaft play help

INLINE 6

single turbo lover
i can buy an htb2 from i guy i know its a 62 for really cheap but it has quite a bit of in and out shaft play i need to know if u can purchase a rebuild kit for this turbo and maybe fix this i will take it to someone to have it balanced again i just want to know if anyone knows if u can buy a rebuild kit and can i do it myself

I know the Killer B2 I got from HTT had some end play in it. Called and asked them. Said it was normal on these.

Have you measured yours?

How much is quite a bit? In all honesty as long as neither wheel is hitting a housing I wouldn't worry about it to much. I'm sure there are rebuild kits available for them. Side to side play is usually caused by bad bearings. Not sure about in and out.

Need some side to side movement. It is oil clearance for the bearings.

it has like maybe a little less than 1/4 inch of in and out play its old its a 62/65/12 i think but i can get it for like 200 bucks thats a steal either way and i rode in the 12v it was in at 45psi it sounded like it was scraping the housing a little bit it made a screeching noise it has been like that since he got the truck over a year ago and it has been fine ever since he has pulled the 2.6 class and everything with it i just dont want to put it in and have it scatter when i punch it i know forced inductions will rebuild it for like 300 or so and balance it but it will take forever to get it back i dont want to wait that long

If your worried about it HTT, Engineered Diesel or Forced Inductions can rebuild it for like $300 or so. But if you can't phisically put the wheel into the housing I wouldn't be worried.

alright i will probably send it off but what about a billet input shaft install is it hard to do ur self or is it worth paying someone i will need one with this turbo i still have stock shafts with this ats 5 star