Huge Thank You!!!

Strictly Diesel

Comp Diesel Sponsor
My name is Dennis Schroeder, I'm the owner of ITP Diesel and one half of the title sponsorship for the NHRDA Desert Diesel Nationals for the last 3 years. I want to take a few minutes to really THANK some people for this years fantastic event.

FIRST AND FOREMOST : Randy, Chris and EVERYONE else with the NHRDA...THANK YOU guys for doing such a great job, for believing in the Phoenix market, for everything you've done in the last 3 years to get this event to where it is today! We look forward to continuing to work with you guys to keep making the Desert Diesel Nationals a fantastic season opener! The difference between the first event from 2008 to this weekends event 3 years later was stunning, the growth from just last year was so much more than we ever could have expected, we couldn't have been happier!

MBRP / FASS / AFE / OTHER NATIONAL SPONSORS : It takes a lot of money for the NHRDA to put these events together. While us local sponsors might supply a chunk of the money needed to pull off each of the actual events, I have to imagine that we don't even begin to touch all of it and certainly not the rest of the administrative, travel, advertising or other costs involved. To all of the National Sponsors of the NHRDA...THANK YOU...for those of us that love Diesel Drag Racing and want quality events to attend, we couldn't do it without you!

NATE BREKKEN / STRICTLY DIESEL : Nate and I have been "co-sponsors" of the Desert Diesel Nationals since the NHRDA got involved. Every year we've made sure to do everything we could to promote this event, both individually and jointly. I'm not sure that this event would have been promoted as well or would have made it to this level without his involvement. Thanks Nate...I look forward to many more years of doing the Desert Diesel Nationals together!

LOCAL / EVENT SPONSORS : Obviously we also owe a big THANK YOU to the rest of the individual sponsors that donated money, set up booths, brought in display vehicles, handed out tickets and just contributed to what became the best Desert Diesel Nationals ever. Thanks again, we hope to see you back next year!

SEAN ELLERTON / MAX'D OUT CREW / BANKS POWER CREW / CT PERFORMANCE CREW / ETC : We all know that advertising alone doesn't bring people into the gates. Many die hard diesel racing fans would have been there anyway, but sometimes it takes the presence of some high profile racers, significant grudge matches or possible new record setting runs to draw in the crowds, particularly those that have to travel to attend. We know it's not cheap to travel to these events and you have no idea how much it means to us that you chose to come to the Desert Diesel Nationals. We sincerely hope that you all had a great experience and will consider returning to the Desert Diesel Nationals for years to come!!!

• Sean...WOW...you told me on the phone that you were going to run 10s or blow it up trying. You MORE THAN lived up to that promise. You've really got that truck running great and I wish you the best for the future. Being a die hard Ford guy, I will admit that while you were not the quickest truck on the track, watching that 6.0L of yours go quicker and quicker every pass was one of the biggest race highlights for me. CONGRATULATIONS again for those fantastic runs in the 10.60s!!!
  • I've never seen MAX'D OUT run before, that truck just flat runs! Judging by the crowd reaction I wasn't the only one that was impressed with it's performance, particularly how it gets off the line! I think my jaw just hit the ground the first time I saw that truck launch, I have to imagine we can only expect more from the MAX'D OUT guys!
  • Hoping to run in the 6's, the Banks crew pulled the dragster out to the Desert Diesel Nationals this year. I've always loved watching the truck run and while the dragster didn't put down the number they were hoping for, it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of. That thing is going to be a monster when they get it dialed in, it looks and sounds fantastic and I'm quite certain it was a crowd favorite. We really appreciate that the Banks crew has made it to all 3 of the Desert Diesel Nationals events and we look forward to and hope for their continued support...THANKS GUYS!!!
  • If I remember correctly, the orange CT Performance dodge didn't fare so well at our race last year. I was happy to hear that you were coming again this year and even happier to see that truck make a solid pass early in the day. I believe I saw you guys have to push it into the trailer, so I have to assume your day didn't end as well as it seemed to start...but I hope you had a good time. That is a sweet looking truck and I hope to see it on our track again next year!

EVERYONE ELSE : There is just no way I can individually thank everyone, from the sponsors to the racers to the spectators that made this years Desert Diesel Nationals so great...THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I really can't say it enough, I'm already looking forward to next years race. If this year was any indication of the things to come for the Desert Diesel Nationals, I can't wait!

FINAL THOUGHT : Please support the NHRDA! Even if you are not a racer, they have a great program going and membership helps them keep putting on these events. We all want to keep growing Diesel Motorsports so supporting the organizations that put on the events is the first step. The membership fee isn't that high, and by the time you figure in the t-shirt, sticker and the sponsor discounts you get with your membership, you really do come out ahead while helping the NHRDA keep our sport alive. Check out the NHRDA website for more details.

Dennis Schroeder
Owner - ITP Diesel
Co-Sponsor - NHRDA Desert Diesel Nationals

That was very nice! Being a Arizonan Born Desert Rat I am always interested in this event. Growing up on the west side hunting where I imagine the track is I wish I still lived there! This should be the go to event for the beginning of the season.

we had a great time, and we will be back down next year, thanks again to NHRDA and all the sponsors to make this event possible. IT WAS WORTH THE TRIP

Shawn

Thank you for Supporting the event ! We had a great time , a few issue's but all in all a great event !

Thanks for the great event and to rob, aaron, trent and all the pro street guys in my class. Glad to get to know you all and hope to see you all again soon

It was a great show. I never imagined there would be so many trucks in the super street class or so many trucks racing in general! Kind of bummed i had tranny issues, i would have liked to give Shawn a run for his money in the finals.

Back