Hurricane turbo

cumminsman97

Master Wrench Turner
So i came across this turbo i was thinking about buying and the guy said its a turbonetics hurricane series, but iv never seen a turbonetics charger that didnt have their name on the compressor housing. i did some research and found that they do make a hurricane series but there for tuner cars and such. its a 66/74/14. it didnt have a i.d tag or any numbers on it. Has anybody ever herd of a hurricane series turbos befor?

I've never heard of a Hurricane turbo before, but those measurements are consistent with an Industrial Injection Silver Bullet

yea i know, im just wondering what it really is. If it was a industrail charger, wouldnt it have a i.d tag or any numbers on it?

on my silver bullet there is a small yellow tag on the center base of the turbo

Be careful on this one. There have been some knockoffs going around, Industrial, HTT and some others have all found copy's of their turbos out there.

I don't know a heck of a lot on Turbonetice but I believe this is used on the mustanf turbo kit. Not sure. But as for the size, it may be the same as a htt, or ii, but it does not use the same frame as these two. The wheels have different contours and trims and designs for that matter. Will it work better or just as well? I couldn't answer honestly on that. And yes I have seen a lot of knock offs out there and a lot of the time you cant tell til you tear them down.

I have seen chinese versions of the HX35 and 40 and they look like a cross between a Holset and Garrett, but when we tear them down the internals don't look bad, or shoddy, just different. I guess it's just if your willing to run it.:ft: