hushpower questions

phantom 309

New law just passed in Texas. Trucks with turbos now require a muffler. My current setup is with no muffler but with the cat. I was considering hollowing the cat out and throwing a hushpower on. Sound good or is there a better way to go?:rules:

Please note this is my obersevation and is in no form at all HUSHPOWERS advise or suggestion,but that is what I did with my common rail truck and it sounds awsome.A good bark outside and it does not have the "Dreaded Drone" in fact very quite inside.I like this set-up myself.I am not saying this is the best on a performance stand point,but I like the sound.
Dave

I have a hushpower and cat delete with my 7in stack setup ... no drone in the cab but still loud outside

When did Texas pass that? I got my truck inspected 2 days ago with only a straight pipe stack and it passed?!

When did Texas pass that? I got my truck inspected 2 days ago with only a straight pipe stack and it passed?!

Last week from what i heard. The way i have it figured though is you will probably still be good for a while until the word really starts to spread. I'm sure the cause of it is dumb:shake: that straight pipe their trucks and show it off in neighborhoods. I'm not really too worried about it though, I have been wanting a hushpower for a while now, my ears get to ringing with a trailor load of bulls.:banghead:

Last week from what i heard. The way i have it figured though is you will probably still be good for a while until the word really starts to spread. I'm sure the cause of it is dumb:shake: that straight pipe their trucks and show it off in neighborhoods. I'm not really too worried about it though, I have been wanting a hushpower for a while now, my ears get to ringing with a trailor load of bulls.:banghead:

I was being harassed over a year ago for not having a muffler on my truck. I convinced them to inspect it without the muffler since they had before.

Back