HVAC problems 06 dodge

bignazty

I have 06 dodge 2500. when I cut the air on hot or cold it is like the fan is running full speed but there is very little air flow no matter what setting I have it on. Threw this past winter I noticed that when I cut the air off you could fill some really cold air coming in from under the passenger dashboard. I was trying to find is someone had a similar problem. That way I some sort of starting point I don't want to tear my dash apart and not know what I am looking for.

Pull the blower motor off the bottom of the heater box ( super easy, a couple screws) reach into the hole and pull out the broken door. Your heat and a/c will work, but no control over if it's coming from outside the truck or recirculating from the inside. Get you by for a while. There are threads about replacing it without removing the whole heater box and dash. I did it in my truck, not all that bad....

If you have the Infinity upgraded stereo system it's a nightmare job because the amplifier is in the way and there is one mounting bolt all the way at the back that was obviously put on before the dash assy was installed in the truck. I cut a notch in the mounting hole so that I could tighten the bolt most of the way and then slide the amp in place which then only required a few turns to completely tighten it down.

As mentioned the rest of the job only takes a little over an hour or so.
Google "Dodge Ram Heater Treater"

Back