HX-35 and K-31

12VBLacKCLouD

Will a stock turbo work well with a K-31?
I intend to upgrade a few things first...
F-1's 150hp or Mach 4.5's 155hp
Airdog 150 or Fass 150
Afc mods
Approprite wastegates
Dual feed on P-Pump
ATS 3-Piece exhaust manifold
12mm Studs
Should I o-ring the block?

I would run a different top turbo or at least get a hybrid but the k-31 is suposed to be a good one.

Yes use o-rings or fire-rings or have a shop bay open for head gasket replacement.

I was thinking a custom S-300 when the funds allow... a 62,64, or 66. Any one of those with a 14mm housing would work right? Thanks for the reply.

A s300-57mm or a s300-62 is a good match for a k31. Keep in mind you have large tires and i would guess 3.55 ratio gears.

4.10 gears which is nice. Is an S300-62 considered small for a K-31? How much better topend airflow would I get with a 64 or 66?

The stocker

I just swap my stock HX35 back on top of a HT3B. I had a HX35 with a 14 exhaust housin on it but waste gate was stickin open the bushin on the waste gate was bindin up when hot, anyways, the spool up is sick now but gets good and hot real quick. Id say only to tow fer sure nice around town hardly any smoke now.

If I were you I would open up that wastegate and get a bigger flap for it. That should cool it down and keep the quick spool up. There is always the external wastegates but I dont want anything else to keep track of.

just my $.02 but if I were to do it over again I would fire ring my block, now that i have went to twins.

Got a buddy running a 35/400 twin combo over 600hp with no problems. Tows 15k+ with no problems and runs low 14's, high 13's with a 6spd truck.

just my $.02 but if I were to do it over again I would fire ring my block, now that i have went to twins.

you dont need a fire ring for twins, there are guys pushing over way over 100psi with just a 0-ring, ive seen fire ringed blocks that dont even hold. its just how you torque your head if its going to hold or not.

I've been running an O-Ring setup in the head since 03' with zero problems, not to brag but that was like 80 or 90K ago.

My new motor is setup the same way, .051 wire except the protrution is 14 thou vise 18.

Jim

I am fire ringed because I took out 2 o-ringed heads with 65-70 psi and a couple stages of*nx*.

The fire rings have been great (knock on wood). I fire ringed the head and not the block or both since I didnt want to pull the engine.

I am fire ringed because I took out 2 o-ringed heads with 65-70 psi and a couple stages of*nx*.

The fire rings have been great (knock on wood). I fire ringed the head and not the block or both since I didnt want to pull the engine.

I run a similar setup I had done by Joe Hellmann, absolutely awesome. I have been running a lot of timing, boost and drive pressure until my turbo popped and the HG has been flawless. I went with them for two reasons; 1. The cost was nearly the same. 2. Joe was only an hour away as opposed to three hours away for O-rings.

Firerings will fail w/o periodic retorquing, either in my opinion are good in there own way