hx-40

dirtycj5

ive been looking for an hx-40 i found one i have all the info from the turbo from the plates and castings. but i still dont know if it would work. its going on my work truck it has 100hp injectors thats about it. heres the info.
WILL THIS WORK??????????????:Cheer:

plate #s are kit# 3802257rx
assy# 3527107
Seril# 1049995
holset 3519939
LM255
OS021
#22 stamped in the inlet side of the exhaust

because it's got a 22cm turbine housing... which also means its probably got a T4 inlet flange. And it's only got the 58mm 8blade compressor wheel. The ONLY HX40 wheel that's worth running IMO is the 6 blade 60mm wheel.

because it's got a 22cm turbine housing... which also means its probably got a T4 inlet flange. And it's only got the 58mm 8blade compressor wheel. The ONLY HX40 wheel that's worth running IMO is the 6 blade 60mm wheel.

okay that what i wanted to know. how do you get the info off those numbers? besides the exhaust housing has 22cm stamped on it. could i put a smaller exhaust housing on it and run it. thanks!!!

Be careful with that hx-40. DO NOT BARK IT! Those things are notorious for blowing into little peices!

I ran one on my '97 at 42psi for about 50k miles... I didn't abuse it, but I also didn't baby it. as long as it's balanced properly and not abused, they'll hold up pretty good.

I can tell what it is just from experience with them

the smallest housing available is a 16cm. you're going to pay when you find one, and you'll still be left with an inferior compressor wheel.

you'd be better off buying an HE351 off of an 04.5+ truck and running it

not 100% sure, but it would be easy to visually ID a smaller 6 blade by eye... I've never seen one that was smalelr

i have two 6 blade 40's that are smaller and two 6 blade 60mm wheels.
compressor housings are different too.they all say hx40w

Back