HX-60

Injectorbearing

This Holset Charger seems to be the charger of choice on the pulling track in 2.6, 2.8 and 3.0. I'm some what familiar With the exhaust housings and exhaust Wheels. What I'd like to know Is how much more air is it able make then the equivialant borg charger. What are the different Comp Wheels you can get with it? I know there are a ton of variables but I just wanted to know more about them. Certain Shops Seem to be pretty proud of these things(price wise) compared to a borg. I've been told They will make more power Just by switching to them and will Make great power in the lower Rpm's. anyone with real world expierience?

Turbine has alot to do with it. You can get what ever billet compressor wheel and matching compressor cover you want.

Everyone Ive talked to swears they will make 150 more hp than the best billet borg warner out there. Anything Holset is just expensive in general but quality and durability is hard to beat.

Turbine has alot to do with it. You can get what ever billet compressor wheel and matching compressor cover you want.

One thing is has anyone really spent any time on the dyno trying to make the borg wheels work?

Not sure but i looked into a compressor wheel swap onto my bw turbo and was told it was a waste of time.

i love my hx60 it is my primary charger on my twins the specs on it are a 76/85 24cm wastegated
it came on an isx it has a billet titanium compressor wheel and an enconel tubine

call cds they offer everything for the hx60

Last edited:
Not sure but i looked into a compressor wheel swap onto my bw turbo and was told it was a waste of time.

Yea, I don't think you will get the s400 to outrun the 60, but some work on the comp side you surely can narrow the gap. Also figure that a 60 is $2500 ish in stock and the borg can be had for $600-$1200 might be a worth while venture.

Yea, I don't think you will get the s400 to outrun the 60, but some work on the comp side you surely can narrow the gap. Also figure that a 60 is $2500 ish in stock and the borg can be had for $600-$1200 might be a worth while venture.

Are you comparing box stock 60's vs. box stock s400's? Or both units having billet wheels and properly sized turbine housings?

Are you comparing box stock 60's vs. box stock s400's? Or both units having billet wheels and properly sized turbine housings?

Both wheels getting the baddest billet comp wheel available.

Seems that the 60 is out flowing the S400 on the exhaust side, so if the exhaust side is maxed out on the S400 then it doesn't matter what comp wheel is in it.

Gotta watch the Holset comp wheels. I tried a 80mm HX billet and it absolutly desintigrated on the dyno. Comp wheel exploded under full boost. I have been told CDS make thier own wheel for the same charger out of a different material because of that problem but I am not sure if thats true or not.

Gotta watch the Holset comp wheels. I tried a 80mm HX billet and it absolutly desintigrated on the dyno. Comp wheel exploded under full boost. I have been told CDS make thier own wheel for the same charger out of a different material because of that problem but I am not sure if thats true or not.

I have seen they have a listing for a custom wheel under their super farm turbos.

I wonder if there wasn't something wrong with the harmonics with that wheel.

Last edited:
Seems that the 60 is out flowing the S400 on the exhaust side, so if the exhaust side is maxed out on the S400 then it doesn't matter what comp wheel is in it.

That is the thing, is the exhaust flow maxxed out on the turbine of an s400? Some of the HX60 are running t4 housings. So I question if the large borg turbine is really maxed out???

On a 3.0 truck I could see it being maxed out, on a 2.6???

Its been awhile so I am not positive what housing I had but I think it was a 1:10 t6 housing.

our points champ this year trashed about 4 or 5 hx-60's this year. they make big power but looks like some of the chargers i've seen are on the ragged edge of coming apart to hit those power numbers.

That is the thing, is the exhaust flow maxxed out on the turbine of an s400? Some of the HX60 are running t4 housings. So I question if the large borg turbine is really maxed out???

On a 3.0 truck I could see it being maxed out, on a 2.6???

I agree for the most part, BW claims a S480 will support 1000hp, yet it seems the turbine will only flow enough to get in the 800hp range with a 1.32 in my experience, so the question is at what size inducer does it match the exhaust flow.

Also, I'm not sure you will see the 60's last very long with that housing, I have also heard some are still using the 32cm housing.

I think it would be more ideal to compare the HX60 with the Garrett GT50 that is coming out more so than the S480.

Well im north of 1200 with a clipped cast wheel 480

Last edited:
I have made 1000 at the wheels with a 80 1.32 before and the turbine was not the restriction.

I guess application will have a lot to do with it, just going by what I have seen and some communication with a BW engineer.

Seem the you guys might be better off throwing ideas out there why a 2.6 potrusion hx60 is making more power than the 2.6 protrusion S400 that people were running.

What about the compressor backing plate and the comp A/R, what is the exducer for the HX60.

Back