Hx35 over 70mm issues 50psi Max help!!

PPump24vMcNazty

Current setup is a 56mm hx35 over a 70mm Garrett , wastegate opening at between 20-25 psi I'm only getting 50psi at full throttle it pulls hard but I expected more boost out of this setup , 66mm single felt as if it pulled harder . Any ideas? Wastegate opening too soon?

Sounds like a GTA4294 off of a detroit given the 70mm inducer and 1.32 housing.

A single 66 may have pulled harder than this setup. I went from a set of HE351cw over HT3b compounds to a single box 66 on my 24v and it pulled way harder.

Garrett is off of a Detroit 60 series. Does 50 psi sound right?

I couldn't begin to make a guess if that is right. We haven't received any info on the fueling, cam, or if any head work has been done. Need some more info man. I wouldn't push that setup too hard though.

Block the gate, unplug the hose.... didn't sound like you have a whole bunch of fuel

180hp Pump, full cuts mack rack plug Tork tell ofv, .120 holders .093 lines and connector tubes 50psi fuel psi
Stock cam, 7x.016 injectors about 21* timing . No port or polish on cylinder head

180hp Pump, full cuts mack rack plug Tork tell ofv, .120 holders .093 lines and connector tubes 50psi fuel psi
Stock cam, 7x.016 injectors about 21* timing . No port or polish on cylinder head

How is the wastegate hooked up. The hose on mine is disconnected. I use it like a spring gate

My biggest question here is Why will a hx35 build 50ish psi as a single with the gate closed but the hx35 70 compounds won't break 50-55ish with different gate adjustments on the setup. granted I know 50psi out of a hx35 is nothing but hot air I feel like the compound setup isnt working to it's capabilities

Ok one more question, would I benefit any from switching the hx35 for a 62,63 and leaving the 70mm or should I change primary also ? To 74+ mm?

With that much fuel nothing about that setup makes sense. You could put a different housing on that Gta4294 and run it as a secondary in a compound setup with that much fuel.

What are you trying to accomplish? This setup would be fine with a smaller set of injectors, ditching the full cuts, and tuning the afc. In fact it would be a really fun setup. If you want to keep the fuel and match that with the proper air then you are going to need a completely different setup IMO.

Ok well that's prolly the route I'll take 62/475 I bought this one for a steal as a 60/74 and it wound up being a 56/70