HX40 14cm exhaust housing??

Deuce87

Hey guys i am new here and also still kind of new to the 1st Gens. I am in the middle of a swap to an HX40 that i got from a buddy, but it has the 19cm housing. I have heard of the 14cm housings but can't seem to find any. any suggestions??? any help would be greatly appreciated, i need to get this truck back on the road!! ha

I've got a 40 with a 17cm turbine housing.
My H1C had the 18.5 and I feel the 40 spin faster and produce boost earlier.

My truck is an auto so that helps spin up but even with the TC locked ( it has a 47RH ) the turbo still spins quicker.

the 14cm HX40 housing is hen's teeth... I've never heard of one in the states. Talked with someone in europe who thought they could get one.

you can have a 14cm HX35/H1C housing machined to fit the HX40 turbine

find a 16cm, I have never seen a 14cm. But i can tell u the 16cm housing is awesome on a first gen!!!!!

really? my HX40 seemed a little laggy on my 97 5sp with 370's, I would imagine it woudl be worse on a 1st gen

really..... That was the best charger i had on that truck. Mine was an auto with 307 gear so it loaded the turbo nice. I loved the way the 40 hit so hard on that truck. This was even with stock non inter-cooled injectors. Ended up putting on a 64/71 13ss and really did not like it as much as the 40. It was not a bad charger but just ran hot, I would have to say that was partly because the 13cm was a little to restrictive for low pressure VE injection, it was hot 1800egt and the end of a quarter mile pass. With the 64 the power was way smoother witch i did like. I would have not change the 40 out had it not failed me like most 40's do that are being pushed too hard. But that was my fault, it saw 47lbs a lot.

the 14cm HX40 housing is hen's teeth... I've never heard of one in the states. Talked with someone in europe who thought they could get one.

you can have a 14cm HX35/H1C housing machined to fit the HX40 turbine

they do make one believe it or not. i have seen one personally. they are VERY hard to find though. holset made them as a trial thing for the hx40's and very few will amde. i was going to buy one for my hx40 i have before i ordered the phat shaft. i found a guy who has one but he wanted 350 bucks for it:bang

Hey guys i am new here and also still kind of new to the 1st Gens. I am in the middle of a swap to an HX40 that i got from a buddy, but it has the 19cm housing. I have heard of the 14cm housings but can't seem to find any. any suggestions??? any help would be greatly appreciated, i need to get this truck back on the road!! ha

I'd call JR Adkins. I don't have his number anymore, it's been awhile.