hx40 and jake brake ?

not enoughsmoke

floatin in tha gulf
i am running a hx40 and hx40 downpipe. does anybody make a jakebrake for this setup? thsi is on my 12valve too

Jake Brake, I doubt it.... Exhaust brake, there should be plenty. All you would really need is a Pac Brake setup or similar for a 4" exh. A true Jake brake actually is tighed in with the valve train on the engine.

Jake Brake, I doubt it.... Exhaust brake, there should be plenty. All you would really need is a Pac Brake setup or similar for a 4" exh. A true Jake brake actually is tighed in with the valve train on the engine.

exhaust brake in general what i am wanting ti know if someone has run into this situation and how did the do it ?

On Lynn's 04 Cr he bought a used kit a while back. It didn't have the brake and throttel switch or the fancy controller that wires to the APPS. It mounted inline in the exhaust. we mounted his under the cab right at the bend going up to the turbo, mounted adn hooked up the air supply tank, pump and plumbed the whole thing up. To activate it, it had and electric air switch that we wired up using a universal relay and a push pull switch mounted on the gear shifter. The tank also had an air switch that ould run the pump at Key on until the tank had enough pressure built up.

Not true, Jake brake is actually just short for Jacobs brake... the brand name. And I had a Jake brake on my 02 straight from the factory. I had to get rid of it when I went to an HX40 also. I talked to Pacbrake and you can get inline ones that will fit 4" exhaust pipe...

Your going to need a remote mount exhaust brake as the flange on the turbo will not fit with a direct mount/turbo mount exhaust brake.

BD Power - Product: Exhaust Brakes

If you have any questions about the installation feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Hector

Back