hx40 on 12v

moss765

hey guys im gettin rid of my bigger charger in a few months its a 66/65/14 htt and i was wonderin how an hx40 would do on my truck cause i really dont want to mess with my exhaust anymore lol truck has 370s, 50cc delivery valves, and 20* timing...ive been told its jus gonna be as laggy as the one i got on there now and im buyin a v-blade here soon and i dont need a big charger to push snow...any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

I would not think it would be laggy with your fueling mods, I definitely would not want to go any smaller than a hx40. Maybe try a s300 or the smallest option might be hx35 with 14cm housing.

Any of the Hx40's should work fine for you and none should be as a laggy as the 66... even if it has a big exhaust housing. I would look for the 60mm HX40 as they move the most air. An s300 would be stronger though as the 40 has a weaker shaft.

HX40s have a weak shaft in them. my friend ran his on a 24v with a smarty and some mild injectors. his lasted about a month, then it blew the oil seals out. an HX40 DEFINATELY won't be as laggy as a 66. my brother just put a SPS 62 on his 96 dually with a five speed and he loves it for plowing and towing. he never sees over 1300* and it spools as fast as you want it to really, and it gets decent mileage on his truck at around 18mpg in town. thats with NV4500 and 3.55s. his truck has a 3K GSK, 100 plate, i think 150hp injectors. I just ordered a Silver 64, it should be here tomorrow or maybe even today. Ill let ya know how that does. But, he was very happy with the 62 for what he does with the truck. just my $.02

alright thanks guys! i jus need something different and didnt know what way to go

Back