Hx40 Who makes one at a decent price?

cummins.1

Hey guys, i been pokin around here for a while now but never really posted. Anyways I've been lookin around for a good decent priced hx40. I don't want to buy a china made one but then again I don't have a money tree growin out back like some people do haha. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Keep an eye open for a used one. I bought mine for about the same price as a used HX35, including the downpipe!

Stay away from the chinese crap! All of the ones i have seen have 18cm+ exhaust housings which are too big for our trucks to spool good, and they usually only have a 56mm compressor which is the same size as most HX35's. The exhaust housings are T-4 a lot of the time too, which requires a $75 adapter since our manifolds are T-3

Just keep an eye out for a used one, and make sure it has a 16cm wastegated exhaust housing(keep the boost at or under 40psi), and at least a 58mm compressor wheel. 60mm compressor wheel is ideal, but mine is a 58mm and does pretty decent. I think it probably lowered drive pressure a decent bit and lets the motor breathe better on the exhaust since it is a 4 inch outlet instead of a 3" outlet. You can usually buy a nice used one for $300-500 and they should last you a long time if you keep the boost down, and dont bark it.

Eric

Thanks for the info. Yeah there are some on ebay selling for $280 which is way to good to be true, gotta be china. What about making mine into a hybrid. I have the hx35 on a manual.

You can make it into a hybrid no problem. But it will cost you about $275 for the compressor upgrade, and then more if you buy a bigger exhaust housing for it. I bought my HX40 for not much more than that at all, and it came with a decent 4 inch home made downpipe. The hybrid HX35's are supposed to run and spool good though, so it just depends on how much you want to spend on it. I had thought about converting mine to a hybrid HX35 when i couldnt find the right exhaust housing for it, but decided i would rather have the 4 inch downpipe/turbo outlet to help with drive pressure. I found an exhaust housing for it and have been pretty happy with how it runs.

Eric