hydraulic steering

dmaxalliTech

Dmax re-engineer
What are you guys using for electric pumps and steering rams? Assuming you didnt want to use a ready made kit, what works?

neither i still run the stock steering box with all the stock linkage just pressurized one side and returned from the other just like the stock power steering pump did

I used a lift gate pump and the stock steering box as well. I have a friend that went to a tractor junk yard and got the steering valve and wheel, the hydraulic cylinder, and the belt driven pump from the engine and put it on his gasser mod truck. If I remember right all this came off a combine and it was less than $200. His only uses one hyd cyl and it is mounted where the steering damper used to be. It works pretty well.

merchant, check northerntool.com $250 for a pump with tank. we are going to build this up on a few trucks over here.

Charlyn is good stuff for brand new, orbital valve off a tractor works, a lift gate pump with 12 volt battery power works.....

will the truck be solid axle or IFS???, cause your setup will be WAY different.....

here is a link
http://www.xxxtraction.com/ its on their custom steering products page

they make some great stuff....