Hypermax Head Gasket?

cheapsk8

Just Wanted To Get Other Peoples Opinion On These Head Gaskets I Installed A Set For A Customer A Long With A Set Of Studs And A Cooler Delete And He Is Having Nothing But Problems. I Didnt Like The Idea Of Graphite And I Told Him It Would Be Better To Stay With The Mls But He Had To Run The Hypermax.
Thanks.

Graphite are not as strong as the MLS. That is why ford went to MLS on pretty much everything in their lineup IIRC.

Thats what i thought. who ever the customer bought the aftermarket parts from really sold him on the hypermax cause i couldnt change his mind. now hes blaming me for head gasket failure which i cant under stand.

Graphite doesn't have the heat cycle life like the MLS. But in super hi hp stuff you go copper and fire rings. You need stuff that moves. Graphite won't move enough. If he wants to blame you for a bad install have him come down and check the bolt torque upon disassembly.

he wouldnt bring it back. instead he took it apart his self and said i left the 5 10mm bolts at the top of the head loose. which the torque spec on those is 18 then 23. its not a lot may have seemed loose. even if they were i dont see a blown head gasket. maybe an oil or coolant leak.

Them little bolts are only torqued to like 26ft lbs. Once the graphite gasket compressed a little they probably loosened up.

Back