hypertech

diesel_importer

Just wondering if anyone has installed the hypertech max energy on a 6.7, I was pretty set on puttin the mp8 on my girlfriends truck, but now i'm just wondering if this hypertech is any good.

I was skeptical of hypertech but it worked fairly well we put it in on a dyno at Left Coast Diesel the upload takes forever but the results were a 250 torque gain and a 75 horsepower gain! I will let you know on the fuel economy after I have had it in for awhile I attached a dyno graph with the results:woohoo:

sorry here is the dyno the only other mod to the truck is a S&B intake.
The stock tune gave me 301 and 520 which was better than I expected with the manual tranny

Last edited:
thanks Backhoe man. I already put a TS mp-8 on it. It hauls @ss but so far i can't tell a good increase in fuel economy. We're still testing it

The mp-8 on my truck allows me to get 19mpg highway at 70mph. The edge with the mp-8 is supposed to be the best stack for fuel economy.

You truck is a pickup? Factory rated at 350hp and 650tq right.
My truck is a Chassis Cab Factory rated at 305hp and 610tq.
Stock truck just egr unpluged 281 hp 560tq
Stock truck also with dpf delete 296hp 567tq
Hypertech Stage 1 309hp 602tq
Stage 2 348hp 675tq
Stage 3 373hp 733tq
That was on a dynojet 25% load.

my high number was on 50% load, so far for me the harder you load the vg turbo the better it does.

I'll have to see about getting a 50% load. What were your egt's? I only got about 1150 on the dyno but on the street 1400. I'll be getting a mp8 in the next couple of weeks. Then back to the dyno. What do you think 450hp?

my egts were low like 1150, I do not know about that stack getting 450, it might. My guess would be 405-420, the only thing you might want to watch is it seemed like the hypertech had a lot of timing to me plus the mp8 will add some keep your ears open.

My impression on the hypertech was mostly fuel very little timeing. I'm not sure the mp8 adds much timeing? I know it's a pressure box.

Want to blow some smoke. Not exstream smoke. Stage 3 and uncorked the cross over tubeon the egr and left it pluged in. Got some smoke.

Got the stack
I did up grade my stock turbo some just on the intake side.
Stock truck only, 296hp 568tq
only MP8 on max, 383hp 727tq
Hypertech stage 3, 378hp 749tq
Hypertech stg 3 MP8 max 451hp 888tq. I was pretty close on my guess of 450hp.

Back