I hate the tow/haul mode on my 04.5, any fixes?

homewrecker

gear jammer
Any way to get this truck to do the same as my 05? Ecm swap? I hate only having od lock out and no lock up in 3rd. I am currently using a tc lock up switch when od is locked out but have to remember to unlock before shifting into od. Really hoping someone has figured out a way to do this without using a PCS or something similar.

I may be off my rocker so I know no truths to this but I believe Lavon (Firepunk) sells a harness to fix said issues.

I may be off my rocker so I know no truths to this but I believe Lavon (Firepunk) sells a harness to fix said issues.

Maybe he will chime in or I might pm him. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

On a correctly working 04.5 the tow/haul button works as a OD cancel and locks the converter in 3rd, when the tow/haul mode is turned back off it shifts into overdrive while keeping the converter locked.

The 05 tow/haul button merely lowers the lockup speed and raises the overdrive speed and doesn't cancel OD, the box we made simply works as a OD cancel for 05 customers who want to cancel OD for sled pulling, towing or just convenience.

Brandon(joefarmer) also has a OD/LU controller in R&D that can be setup to control overdrive and lockup as desired.

On a correctly working 04.5 the tow/haul button works as a OD cancel and locks the converter in 3rd, when the tow/haul mode is turned back off it shifts into overdrive while keeping the converter locked.

The 05 tow/haul button merely lowers the lockup speed and raises the overdrive speed and doesn't cancel OD, the box we made simply works as a OD cancel for 05 customers who want to cancel OD for sled pulling, towing or just convenience.

Brandon(joefarmer) also has a OD/LU controller in R&D that can be setup to control overdrive and lockup as desired.

This is why I said I wasn't sure lol
I was full of false truths haha!

Thanks for the reply. I do have 3rd lock up, it just happens at around 50 mph. Is there anyway this thing could be converted to an 05 ecm? The only real engine differences I'm aware of is the apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I use BD torq lock and an older version of the Auto loc , both together from BD was WAY cheaper than the price listed but it is an older version and does solve the problem that you don't like on the Bastard 04 1/2- 05 ECM programming on 4 gear lock out .

Back