i have a question?

jd5965

6.5 turbo diesel
im lookin for a turbo. i have a 2006 dodge 3500. i would like to go as big of a single turbo as possible for racing, street performance, rasing a little cane, and maybe occasionally sled pullin. but i wanna still be able to hook to a trailer and roll on and pull it with ease. any suggestions????

You didn't say what fueling mods your going to do to help light the turbo and if your running a auto or 6 speed. We need some more info.......

6 spd a fass fuel system and a wicked diesel cp3 kit for now i plan on gettin a larger cp3 and fuel system later on this year running a smarty and got a water meth kit that i plan on installing after i get a turbo. i would like to get right around six fifty mayb seven if possible but like i said i still wanna be able to pull a trailer.

Last edited:
64/71/13ss but i wouldn't be afraid of a 66 either especially with a 6 speed. Twins would be the ultimate setup for you.

I've a SPS66 on my '06 6-speed. I dynoed 589 hp a couple years ago before I installed the Helix 2, Flux 2.5s, and still had the old Smarty beta software.

I've towed up to 24,000 gross with mine, and it does fine. When towing super heavy, you have to keep rpms at 2000 or higher to keep on top of the boost.

Daily driving is fine, but takes a little adjustment to keep from fogging with things turned up.

There are probably quicker spooling versions out there, but this one has worked remarkably well for me.

I'm stepping up to twins in the next couple months, if you'd be interested in mine.

--Eric

S300, 63/68/12 spools like the stock turbo with as little as level 3 on the smarty.

I've a SPS66 on my '06 6-speed. I dynoed 589 hp a couple years ago before I installed the Helix 2, Flux 2.5s, and still had the old Smarty beta software.

I've towed up to 24,000 gross with mine, and it does fine. When towing super heavy, you have to keep rpms at 2000 or higher to keep on top of the boost.

Daily driving is fine, but takes a little adjustment to keep from fogging with things turned up.

There are probably quicker spooling versions out there, but this one has worked remarkably well for me.

I'm stepping up to twins in the next couple months, if you'd be interested in mine.

--Eric

pm me your number and how much you will be askin i may be interested

Back