i have either been humbled or shafted.

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
well i got on the dyno saturday and after the runs were done the first run was something like 347 hp/ 660 tq and the second was something like 334 hp/ 680 tq. I have to get the dyno sheets on to prove it but i am pretty sure that is what it was, i also have to find them. Least to say i am a little dissapointed, i have heard form several respectable names in the 12v world that i can make break 400hp if the truck is tuned correctly. I guess it is time to learn how to tune the truck.

After this event i have some ?'s and comments about dynoing a truck. Do you ever get to drive your truck or does the dyno operator always do it? I didn get to dyno mine. Second if this place supposedly has dynoed diesels before then why in the hell would he bark the **** outta my turbos? He mashed it to 3 grand in 4th like i told him but immediatly lets off, can he even let off slowly so it doesnt do this? I was also informed it takes more money to get big numbers out of a 12v and i likly wont see them, and thet banks is good and other stuff is junk. But it was pretty cool watching that little bit of tq stretch all 4 straps in the rear and make the front ones hang there loosly.

he also told me that there is a duramax in the 9's, the new duramax engine when it comes out will have twins and be 400hp/800+tq, there. Cummins guys cant keep up with the duramax. if i ahve to much smoke the soot that dosent go out my pipe goes into my oil and will likely blow up from all the unburnt fuel. (how can i make big hp then) "banks engineers stuff for life, their **** will be on truck for 2-300k miles" "there was a guy who made more hp in his 04 dodge then his buddys 03 with his banks kit but 4 days later the 04 melted a piston to the cylinder sleeve, he was running an Edge. Arrest my case" I guess driver error dosent come into affect then? I dont knwo how to take it. I mean i knew they were full of ****, and knew very little about diesels but i still didnt think the dyno could lie.

And he dynoed the truck in 4th.

My combo was ATS twins (ak5/ak2), 0 plate full forward, afc full forward, starwheel full forward, 4k gsk, titanium keepers and retainers, 60lb valve springs, 5 inche exhaust, overflow spring stretched and that is all i can think of for now.

yep stock injectors and my afc foot is cut flat now.

Smokem- i did what we talked about except clicked my GS's only 2 clicks and it really seems to have made a difference, truck idles higher but that is not a problem and instead of lag where the smoke is it spools faster. but i think i still need to back off some smoke. All that was done before the dyno.

Looks like its time to find a second dyno shop. i will definitly be calling before i show up.

How much HP did your brother have on the different Dyno's?

inline6359 said:
yep stock injectors and my afc foot is cut flat now.

Smokem- i did what we talked about except clicked my GS's only 2 clicks and it really seems to have made a difference, truck idles higher but that is not a problem and instead of lag where the smoke is it spools faster. but i think i still need to back off some smoke. All that was done before the dyno.
Though I total agree with smokem about the moron dyno operator, lord knows I have told more than one to ease of the gas pedal, but as far as numbers go I think the lack of an upgraded injector is why your #'s are above 400. I would bet $$ that with a set of 370's your numbers would jump up greatly, especially w/twins.

im not looking for easy hp right now so injectors, fuel lines and DV's are out for know. I am going to break 400hp without them. I still plan on doing the mack plug, input shaft, clutch, barrels and plungers, and tuning. I want my pump to flow max fuel before i get the above that i dont want to do now. My ultimate goal is once i get barrels and plungers, mack plug, and tuning done i want to break 500hp without injectors and such. May sound out there but i think it can be done.

700 rwhp can be done on stock barrels and plungers. you had a idiot running the dyno. you should be over 400 rwhp easy with a mack plug on your truck. and by the way how much timing are you running?????????????

yes i am running stock timing and no rack plug. I never knew how much the barrels and plungers were but i wouldnt have guessed they were that much. I guess i will have to check. my goal is max power without dv's, injectore, fuel lines or drugs. once i see a good number i like i will move on. I just want to see what tuning will get me.