i just got a 01

andyb3500

95 12 valve
im not new to the cummins world at all but i am to the 24 valve and im extremely new to the auto world so school me on rverything i may need to know the truck already has a fass 150 and a 4 inch exhaust i got a edge drag comp for 50 buck it works but im scared to hook it up because of the tranny let me know what i should do?
thanks everyone
andy

How many miles on the truck? If you can afford to put a new tranny in it go ahead and put the chip on, if you have no extra money for a tranny leave it stock till you can save some money up just in case the tranny decides to take a dump...

Minimum a v/b. You can hook up the comp and leave it on the lowest setting and you should be fine.

it only has 10600 and what will not tapping the pump wire do. sorry for the retarded question.

Not tapping the pump wire will make the Comp act like an Edge EZ. You will only be able to use the first 3 settings on the Comp and you won't get the fueling potential, but it shouldn't make enough power to hurt the auto (I would still only use the first setting til you have some tranny cash saved up).

Also I saw no mention of guages. IMO for an auto you really need 4 gauges, Fuel Pressure (most important on a 24v, if you can only afford one guage this is the one to get), Pyrometer, Boost, and Tranny Temp.

Enjoy!

i plan to get gauges a suncoast rebuild for the tranny when the time come a good torque converter and a suncoast valve body. i say suncoast cause i know they are good but if theres anything better let me know and ok i guess ill hook it up tht way then i cant fund a trans as of now and the plan is to get those four gauges i will have them on order by friday im getting isspros and tht will max out my budget for a little bit.

I have a 5spd, so I really can't help you on the tranny, but a few friends with autos have Goerends stuff, and they all seem pretty happy with them.

if i had my way i would have gotten a six speed but finding a quad cab short bed 4x4 6spd in decent condition is like finding a needle in a haystack

I put a comp in my truck and didnt tap pump usually had it on 3 and fried stock trans in less than a month...

Your tranny musta already been on its way out, I ran the smarty and adrenaline stack on kill and it took a couple months for my tranny to die, and that was doing multiple boosted launches daily.

Your tranny musta already been on its way out, I ran the smarty and adrenaline stack on kill and it took a couple months for my tranny to die, and that was doing multiple boosted launches daily.

Multiple boosted launches everyday for a couple months?