I Need Help

SAPPERK9

I Have an 06 2500 Mega Cab. The problem I am having is According to the gauge in the truck for the Battery Voltage I am not getting enough charge, I have put a new alternator on as well as new batteries. When I drive the truck it drains the batteries and the passenger battery gets extremely hot (I have already blew one up and had to get it exchanged) So I was wondering why is it putting so much voltage to the passenger battery? Why is it not charging the batteries. Please help I can't figure this thing out.

It's a dodge problem they all blow pass side battery. I've had a couple in my 05 ended up being bad cables. Had one blow up in my mega as well that one ended up being loose connections. Use die electric grease on the terminals it helps. Also are they both the exact same batteries. Good luck I've been fighting this problem since my 03.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually when this happens, one battery (the hot one, in your case) is bad and takes more amperage to charge it and it also draws down the other battery, thus neither stays in a stable state of charge.

You'll probably have to start from step one and go back through it testing stuff.
I'd start by having both batteries load tested, as well as the alternator.
Check cables for voltage drops and corrosion.
Next would be to check the voltage with the engine running with a voltmeter.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes sudden changes like this are ECM or TIPM related, so be prepared for that possibility.

Mark.

Most of the time when the pass side is over charging its the cross over chage wire thats bad

Usually when this happens, one battery (the hot one, in your case) is bad and takes more amperage to charge it and it also draws down the other battery, thus neither stays in a stable state of charge.

You'll probably have to start from step one and go back through it testing stuff.
I'd start by having both batteries load tested, as well as the alternator.
Check cables for voltage drops and corrosion.
Next would be to check the voltage with the engine running with a voltmeter.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes sudden changes like this are ECM or TIPM related, so be prepared for that possibility.

Mark.

Ok I have ordered a new TIPM already, hopefully it gets here soon.
I was also told by somebody else to check the battery charge sensor in the bottom of the driver side battery box. Could this possibly be the problem?

It's a dodge problem they all blow pass side battery. I've had a couple in my 05 ended up being bad cables. Had one blow up in my mega as well that one ended up being loose connections. Use die electric grease on the terminals it helps. Also are they both the exact same batteries. Good luck I've been fighting this problem since my 03.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are the exact same batteries.

SAPPERK9 The "battery charge sensor" you mentioned is actually a "battery temp" sensor, not a high failure item, usually.

Curious why you ordered a TIPM? Are there other problems, as well?

As has been mentioned, the most likely, simplest and least costly, is connection.
That long positive cable across the core support that runs battery to battery is definitely a troublemaker.

Mark.

Yes I have needed a TIPM for a while so I just figured I would go ahead and order one now and get that out of the way as well, just trying to check all the boxes.

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you all know thanks for all the help expectantly those who told me to check the cross over cable, you all were correct that is what the problem was. Thanks again too all the help.

We appreciate it when people come back and tell us they got it fixed. :cool:

Mark.

Back