I pulled a dumb@$$

JFlagg

Gun for Hire
Since I am p-pumping my 24V, my old 35 psi FP guage wasn't going to be big enough, so I THOUGHT I could just get a new 100psi guage and plug it into the old harness I have wired in. Well, I mess up and bought a mechanical gauge instead. So my question is, which is better, to get the install kit for the mechanical guage or just get a new electric guage and harness? Basically, what are the pro's and con's of each?

I would get the Mechanical Gauge hookup kit and sell the electric setup to a VP guy.

I would get the Mechanical Gauge hookup kit and sell the electric setup to a VP guy.

Thats what I've pretty much decided to do... just wasn't sure if one was better than the other. I think the electric one is going on my dad's 01, all he has now is that warning light and god knows I'll be using his truck enough this pulling season hauling my truck around LOL

Since I am p-pumping my 24V, my old 35 psi FP guage wasn't going to be big enough, so I THOUGHT I could just get a new 100psi guage and plug it into the old harness I have wired in. Well, I mess up and bought a mechanical gauge instead. So my question is, which is better, to get the install kit for the mechanical guage or just get a new electric guage and harness? Basically, what are the pro's and con's of each?

If you do get a new Electric gauge you can use the old harness just not the old sending unit....