I smell coolant in the cab should I be scared???

smokin_h

Hope I dont break it!!!
Well I was drivin down the road today and this pos ricer starts tailgatin me. So im gettin annoyed and turned my edge up to level 5. He goes to pass me and I stomp it haulin a$$ off down the road. I hit my speed limiter at about 98 and my egt's were around 1290. He gave up at around 90 and slowed way the heck down, (typical ***** ricer) too bad i dont have it on video... But the real kicker here is that after I get back to around 60 I start to smell coolant in the cab. By this point im crappin thinkin I blew a head gasket...My buddies shop was just about a mile away so I pulled it in there. No leaks or anything....the smell only lasted about for a minute or so. All my gauges looked fine, the water temp was at it s normal level, and everything looks fine. I dont get it. Im now nervous to get on it anymore. Any ideas...suggestions??? My only guess is that my heater core in the cab leaked a bit. Thats my only guess. The truck is an 05 w/ ~ 27,000 miles. Im up for any suggestions......

Thanks y'all!!!
Andy

Are you sure the truck didn't puke a bit. When my head gaskets were bad I could tell when the truck puked cause of the smell of coolant.

I saw no evidence of any coolant around the head gaskets, all looked in tip top condition. I sure thought that that was the case tho... maybe the dealer can help me out on this one.....oh boy......i feel my pocket book crying already....

Is the carpet wet on the passenger side ?
You can also flip the glove box door all the way down and get a good look around inside the dash...

I could smell coolant in the cab when I blew my head gasket. Look in the radiator for oil and check the oil for the dreaded milkshake.

Oil ok, coolant ok, passenger carpet ok, all looks fine. This happened once b4 to me prolly 2 months ago but it wasnt as extreme as this time it was just a quick whiff. I have pulled the truck numerous times and gotten on it hard and hasn't done it since then until now. It seems to happen when the egts are around 1200+ and my edge defuels the engine b/c of the high egts, the engine sticks around 4000 rpm. I dunno, but the engine is all ok. Clean as a whistle. I cant seem to see back to the core behind the dash....I still suspect thats the problem, but thanks for all the ideas....maybe we'll come up w/ somethin....hopefully....

mine would smell off and on, it was coming out the degas bottle. Dealer did pressure tests, dye, you name it and found no problems. just keep an eye on the coolant.

mine used to reek after gettin on it hard....moral of the story my pockets hurt at one point too!
headstuds, gaskets, egr blockoff, new degas bottle....and sct no problem anymore:rockwoot: :evil