i swear I must have some desire to be broke forever.

zukgod1

Old fart
Bought another one.

It's a diesel and I just rebuilt the pump, new timing belt etc and had the interior all redone, carpet, headliner, seats etc and a new head gasket as well.
Also swapped out the 4sp trans and installed a new clutch and higher geared 5 spd transmission.
Upgraded the front brakes to GTI fronts with cross drilled rotors.
Has BBS wheels with brand new like 40miles on them 195/50r15 tires, JOM coil overs on the front and drop plates in the rear.
Body is straight, no rust on the towers at all.
GTI front lip (red) the truck is Gold.
Replaced all the interior panel lights and repaired the fuel gauge also.
And it's an AC truck, all the components are there but needs to be charged.

Plans are;
Fresh 1.6 TD with APR fasteners.
Building a compound set for it with a tiny k03 (or a slightly larger k03 off a gasser) and a larger k26.
Neither of those are big turbos but I should get more than enough air with this combo. Run the k03 at about 8psi and the k26 is non gated. Going to run it through a font mount IC, really hoping to make it as stealthy as I can but that will be hard on a mk1 with AC.

Here is a pic of it before the JOM coil overs and drop plates or even a bath.

2010-09-18190714.jpg

And after the coil overs but before the drop plates.

2010-09-28092504.jpg

Sweet!

Look at vwdiesel.net for some crazy builds!

Shim the gov yet?

Also, hows the floor rot? :pop:

I've been building mk1's, mk2, amd mk4's for quite some time.
Been on vwdiesel.net for years as well.

My pumps are "Special" affectingly called "Zukgod Pumps"
When it comes to VW VE pumps I can make them scream pretty damn good.

My last build was on a mk2 Jetta and I ended up turning the pump down due to over boost. Poor little k26 was pushing 40psi.. Yes I eventually broke it ok I broke 2.

This is why I'm going to do a compound set up on this one, more air flow less pressure I hope.

And no rot anywhere on the entire truck aside from one spot on the tail gate about the size of a quarter.

Hoping to start rebuilding turbos next week then I can get the engine on the stand to get the turbos mocked up.