I Think I Broke An Axle Shaft

apocalypse1812

Nailed It!
Here's the deal,
I went to the beach and went to park in the Sand Covered parking lot. When I started to turn into the parkiing spot, my back tires started spinning. I thought "No big deal, I'll just put it in 4wd, and finish pulling in." when I put in
4-Hi, it bucked once, and made a loud "pop".
I took it out of 4wd, and continued parking by just flooring it. I thought it was weird, so when I got home, I tested the 4wd out in 4-lo/4-hi in the street, no problems.

2 weeks later, I go to the "Drive On" beach, I reach the end of the street, am still on hardball road, wheels straight, 4wd engaged, roll onto the sand, and as soon as the front tires got into the sand clank, clank, clank... I noticed that the front right tire isnt spinning it was just dragging along. The Front left tire turns with the rest of them.

The truck is a 2007.5 Dodge 3500 Megacab DRW 6.7/G56/273 Electric Shift T-C

I will pull the right front axle shaft this weekend and let you guys know how
it turns out, but my question is, Is that all it takes to break an axleshaft?

shouldn't be able to crack a shaft that easy!!! I'd check your u-joint, sound like maybe a cap wiggled out and is causing you some pain...

If It was topsail beach it claimed my transmission. Sorry to here about that I would check the u joint also most likely your problem

jack up one side of the front at a time and spin the tire, see what you hear/feel

I have come to the conclusion that I dont think the Transfer case is shifting correctly. More to follow...