i think i got canned

wow....so this is how the DHRA series will end...2007 last season for racing?
Sounds like alot of drama was kept quiet until it got to far.

Would this have anything to do with the registration mishap at Houston?

Snedge said:
Would this have anything to do with the registration mishap at Houston?

I had heard rumors long before Texas.

I have my own opinion but will just keep it to myself and see what goes down.:pop: :pop: :pop:

Kevin
I personally think you would do an outstanding job.

JOHNBOY said:
I had heard rumors long before Texas.

I have my own opinion but will just keep it to myself and see what goes down.:pop: :pop: :pop:

Kevin
I personally think you would do an outstanding job.

John I'd love to have a shot at it. :rockwoot: I can't say I bias toward one brand as some were in the past.

This was posted by Eric McBride on thedieselplace-

A clean slate for DHRA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, I wanted to let you know that DHRA is reorganizing for 2008. Our goal is to be a real association for the pullers and racers. That means members have a say. We are starting fresh with new personnel in sled pulling. DHRA was unaware and did not condone the conduct that was displayed to several pullers. We apologize to all of those that have been offended in the past, especially Smokinya' pulling team-Ryan, Erik I am deeply offended that you were talked in a manner that you were. The problem has been resolved.
We have a new President, Larry Knight and he would like class representatives to be chosen. If you pulled with DHRA in 2007 for points and would like to represent your class, please contact Larry.
Also, DHRA officials will no longer be accessible via the chat boards, but please feel free to email or call us:
Larry Knight larry@dhraonline.com
phone: 765-768-6400

As far as rules, there is a post on here that is almost identical to how they will be laid out, and I will have those to everyone right after SEMA.
In street, we are still deciding 2.6 or 2.5. The 2.6 would allow a $600 S400 turbo and that is real affordable. Tell us your thoughts by emailing or calling us today, thanks.

Last edited:
this was not a gene bashin thread!!!! every buddy just mad because when it came pullin time he didn't kiss any buddies *ss!!!!!!!!! or give them there own way

I liked Gene , we had our differences but I thought he was a stand up guy.someone is gonna have a big pair of shoes to fill.

smokinrod said:
I liked Gene , we had our differences but I thought he was a stand up guy.someone is gonna have a big pair of shoes to fill.
X2

While I did always see eye to eye with Gene and Dieter I always new where i stood with them. Because they told me.:hehe: Which is honestly the way I prefer. The whole Idea of of racing for the racers by racers is tough to do. Club style organizations always struggle. I much rather prefer one to stand and say these are my rules. You will be teched. And my rules and procedures will not waiver. I am much more likely to spend my time and money traveling to an event if I know it will be run with to standards listed above.

To Gene, Dieter, David, and who ever less is out going.
:thankyou2: While it could have been better your effort was appreciated.

Larry
I look froward to meeting you.

Eric

Please get those rules out soon as you have said. It takes a lot of money to run any class no less change from one to the other.

Just curious here...in what way were people treated wrong here ? lets say Eric Stacey? Was someone with the rule book picking on some and not others? I haven't been a competitor in DHRA racing just yet . I have been to many of the races this year and im a member but curious as to what went wrong?

Rulebooks are only a start.

In sportsman competition you need The Honor System to be firmly in place. This means the competitors police themselves by ousting any among their group who gets caught cheating, and bans them for a significant time.

The SCCA, AMA, NHRA are good models to follow. Those who cheat are slapped down viciously and otstricized(?) by their fellow competitors.

After a few shots fired across the bow, the cheats will find another sport or organization that permits such behavior.

Concerning rulebooks, while nobody will listen to me, the way to do it is the SCCA way.

If it is NOT in the book, you cannot do it. Instead of the current "if it IS".

If the rulebook does not say you can remove the cigar lighter, LEAVE IT IN.

This way attempts to find a way to go around the rulebook are ineffective. Because your mods must be listed in the book to put them on the truck. You want to get creative? Go to the rules committee for a public hearing and addendum.

Back