I'd ride the heck outta this!

patracy

Here's some pics and a blurb I wrote about it on the youtube video...

Here's a short video of a neat diesel motorcycle I saw at the Barber Vintage motorcycle show. It's built from a Yanmar 10hp diesel coupled to a variable displacement pump. Then out to hydraulic motors to turn the wheels. Looks are deceiving. There's a lot of aluminum parts to the bike. The bike only tips the scales at 300lbs. The bike can be ran in 2WD or single rear wheel drive. Speeds are about 25mph in 2wd, and 55-60mph in single wheel drive. Fuel estimates are around 100mpg! This is due to the highly efficiency of a hydraulic setup. This setup nets a 93% efficiency rating. The bikes suspension is a air shock setup. Increasing the pressure causes the bike to gain ground clearance. Also shortening the wheelbase for better handling manners. The bike was designed by Andy Wendt and built by Chris Self, Owner of Miracle Machine Works. 334-872-0121

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/v/h6NSC5YA2VE

Actually I've already got a new 10hp yanmar engine sitting in the shop. I was going to go with a CVT belt setup, but this is more appealing to me!

Thats awesome, I wonder if they could do a small four wheeler like that?

I was always told that hydraulic drives are LESS efficient because of the heat that they produce. Iv seen quite a few farm and off road machines that use hydraulic motors and most have had some sort of oil cooler... Thoughts?

Still looks like fun though....

That is pretty interesting. We have a lot of equipment at work that is propelled by similar motor designs. I never even thought of something like that. Maybe with the proper cooler capacity size, it would do just fine.

I was always told that hydraulic drives are LESS efficient because of the heat that they produce. Iv seen quite a few farm and off road machines that use hydraulic motors and most have had some sort of oil cooler... Thoughts?

Still looks like fun though....

If it's not properly designed. He had been driving the thing around during the day at the show. The oil tank never even got warm!

Oh and it has a cooler. It's on the left hand side. Just not in my pics.

I want to build a streetable diesel motorcycle I think it would be awesome. But I have way to many projects for that right now.

that needs a machine gun strapped to the front or something....

Pretty sweet.
Thanks for sharing.
I see something new everyday.