Idle nightmare

xtreme8504

Paid for by ME
Some input from fellow bombers would be greatly appreciated. I have a '91 non-IC, 727, 4x4, star wheel cranked, 3 turns power, 2 turns smoke. The other night I attempted a 366 spring...hemostats let me down and spring went flying now MIA. Since I had the pump top off I couldnt put the old spring back in, I cut 1 1/2 coils off my stock 386, re-bent the end and put her back together. Lets just say I started at 9 pm, lost the spring at 10pm, looked for the MIA till 12, reassembled and started by 1am only to have her runaway. So I backed off power screw 2 turns, 1 turn smoke, and 1/2 turn Afc wheel. Fuel pin is stock, set to "full range." Idle adjusments are out of travel, and its way too high (no tach but id sat 15-1600). Im at a loss here, out of options that I know of. I tried re-setting the throttle arm on the shaft to different marks and it just gets worse so its at stock spot. If you remove the throttle arm, and spin the shaft clockwise shouldnt that "lower" throttle settings? BTW...truck runs way better, 1300 egts on veg/kero mix - 31 lbs.:what:

My advice would be to just get another 366 spring rather than to try and uncobble your cobbled-up deal ;)

lol did the same thimg but lost the other one that sets more fuel when the trans is engaged it flew off so i got a spring of a clicker pen bent it up made it look the sameput it all back together then found the spring again with a magnet really dont want to take apart the pump again to fix it while i wait on the injectors (clicker pen spring (terrible idea)