Idle vibration

dangerous06

diesel tech
Got a truck with a noticeable vibration at idle when it's warmed up. Not sure where to start? No smoke no loss of power just a shake your dash and hand on the wheel. Any Ideas?

Mine started to do the same thing. I'm going to log injector balance at idle when I get a day off work.

Does it have a dual mass flywheel? I've seen those vibrate when they start to let go.

Take a look at the harmonic balancer.

Running a 6.7 H B

Should rule that out then. Like Poulina suggested, are you able to log cylinder balance on that one? A + number could reflect on the health of the cylinder. I wonder if you've got a pintle on that injector that's a little sticky on SOI? High return flow on one should make for an extra turn starting?

Just an update turned out to be the motor mount Pass side had failed! Couldn't tell just looking at it but pulled the motor for another problem and you could see the metal to metal rub!
So if you have a weird vibration most likely that's the issue!

Just an update turned out to be the motor mount Pass side had failed! Couldn't tell just looking at it but pulled the motor for another problem and you could see the metal to metal rub!
So if you have a weird vibration most likely that's the issue!

Thanks for that. Something to watch for.

The 06 I just put together vibrates at idle too. Automatic with a new fluid dampener so I can't figure it out either. I wasn't sure if it have something to do with the semi solid motor mounts I decided to go with.

The 06 I just put together vibrates at idle too. Automatic with a new fluid dampener so I can't figure it out either. I wasn't sure if it have something to do with the semi solid motor mounts I decided to go with.

More than likely!

Lol try a 150k mile 6.7 shortblock and hardway solid motor mounts for some idle vibration...

Back