If I Had A Blown 6.0....

BROCK401

So im thinking, I have an 03 250 with a 6.0 130,000.... She hasnt died yet but with the reputation of these motors im thinking it probably will before too long.... I like Cummins engines.... And I was just gonna see what yalls opinions are on what I should put in my 250 when the 6.0 dies?

I will not put a 6.0 back in....

Im not looking for major power or anything just reliable and long lasting....
Not gonna be competing or anything just towing Crawlers and boats on the weekend...

Lets hear it?....

12v for the simplisity and cost effectiveness, also for about 1800 or so ontop of the price of the motor you can have a very reliable, very cool running and fast spooling 450 hp to tow with!

i would say 12v will gget 2 or 3 mpg better in identical trucks over a 6.0 or a 7.3. mabey even better. i know my setup gets 21mpg and its 4x4, 33" tires. your truck should be a little heavier so i would guess youll be somwhere round 19mpg with a 12v. i have no experience with common rail so i cant say anything about their mpgs.

Old engine + newer truck = won't pass emmissions for that year truck, especially when they start plugging into your computer very soon

my dodge with the p-pump passes emissions with no problems and i had to plug it into the scanner last time too

12v for the simplisity and cost effectiveness, also for about 1800 or so ontop of the price of the motor you can have a very reliable, very cool running and fast spooling 450 hp to tow with!

I would do the same if there are no emissions problems in your state.

If you were gonna drop a Cummins in, I would do the Common Rail, 24V.

Since your not looking to make 1000hp, and even if you were...I would still use the newer engine.

If your gonna keep the Cummins stock, and you still have to but all the adaptors anyways...may as well build something that WILL pass inspection.

03-04 common rail with a 48RE behind it if you want an auto.
You'll save thousands on adaptor and trans controllers and have something that will last a long, long time in stock form.
I've got over 40,000 miles
on my conversion with zero issues...that's thousands of miles longer problem free than the 6.0 ever was.

Ok, I dont have a shop, tools, or really the ability to do something like this, where would be a shop that I could take my truck to and let them do the conversion.... I looked at fordcummins.com but they are in MT and I live in North GA.... Anybody know a trustworthy diesel conversion shop near GA?