IH 436 combine engine in a F350

DieselnutN14

I figured this engine is close to the dt466 in size. I need to figure out what trans to use. I'd like to go with a 6 speed out of a super duty if possible. I see I'm going to have to do some butchering on the firewall and who knows what else. Hopefully someone here has more info on this than I do. Not sure what year truck to go with yet. Thinking of the '90s style Ford possibly. Hmmmm....

I forgot to say that the reason I'd go with the 436 rather than the 466 is because the 436 is free!

I forgot to say that the reason I'd go with the 436 rather than the 466 is because the 436 is free!

how long is it compaired to a cummins 5.9 and u are gonna probably have to change out injector pumps to a truck style cause of the govners (maybe)

Heard of a guy that put a 414 in a ferd a couple years ago. Saw it in the farmshow paper. If I remember rite, he mentioned firewall massage and special rad. But claimed 28mpg and lots of power.
I'd say go for it. Do whatever you gotta do. It would be very interesting!

It's longer but exactly how much I'm not sure yet. I know it'll be a tight fit and will require some modifying of the firewall, body lift, different mounts, etc. I know this engine is about 350-400 pounds heavier than the psd or 5.9. Trying to find info on this engine is hard. I need to find out if the bolt pattern on the back of the 436 block is the same as the 466 block. Then I can go from there. I'd really like to mate this engine to a NV 5600 if possible.

Yea the mileage thing is a good thing. I like the part that not everybody is doing this kind of swap unlike the 5.9 cummins swap. Don't get me wrong the Cummins is a hell of an engine but the idea of the combine engine in a pick up is a little more unique. Parts are plentiful for this engine too. And cheap!

same block differnt rods and pistons then 466. 414 436 466 diff pistons and rods get 6speed out of int truck