Im done messin. Pullin the motor haha.

Light It Up

Well Ive got 100miles on my 24vPpump. Its been done for a couple months now but Im buying and selling parts off of it to try and get ready of the 2010 pulling season and feel like im doin everything Halfassed. Im gana pull the motor and just build it and hope to be ready for 2011 season. Im giving myself more than enough time to do a nice job and do it right. I want to get a list made up of what Im gana want to make this and to hold the power with no prob. I was hoping I could get some help from you guys. What do you guys think I should do about my 215 pump (Sell or Keep). I guess where do you guys think I should start. Ive done some reading on a few of the other builds on here so Ive got some ideas. As far as hp goal I would like to be around 1000hp. Im not sure if I should be looking more at the 2.8 class or if I could be in the 2.6 class still. Let me know what you guys think. This is kinda a spur of the moment deal but I guess why not. You only live once. Thanks for the help guys.

BR

why not keep it together for this season and pull with it and try and fine tune it as you go?

Ive thought about that but I aslo think why not start the build now and have a year to get everything tuned up and ready to rock.

I should state that If I want to be in the 2.6 class I need to think about 800hp instead of 1000hp.

One big thing I need to get done is to get my head machined for o-rings and get a good port job done on it. I figured Id go with Fly cut Mahle pistons. I guess I should ask what my stock bottom end is good for? Will it withstand 800hp?

Why not just buy a different truck and start from scratch on a truck that isn't a nice driver already? Or buy another core motor and slowly build it while you get a few hooks under your belt with the current setup?
Your truck seems like a nice truck to build into a full time puller.

I have thought of putting twins on it and making a badass DD out of it but Im not sure. The prob Im running into is in this area pulls are not that big of a deal. In order for me to be competative I need to drive 2-4 hours away to hook at big pulls.

I have thought of putting twins on it and making a badass DD out of it but Im not sure. The prob Im running into is in this area pulls are not that big of a deal. In order for me to be competative I need to drive 2-4 hours away to hook at big pulls.

So then why not just pull the local pulls and forget the big ones? I would rather have a wicked DD and part time puller, then dedicated rig, especailly if the trucks already nice. Look for anther truck to build$.02

I will have to put some more thought into this. Ive got a brand new S465 turbo right now. I see alot of hx35/ht3bs. My goal is to reach 700-800 sometime. What turbos do you guys think would work best for those numbers?

Last edited:
Back