I'm done

eSS01

High Tech Turbo & U.A.
Just got my head studs installed in my motor and want to give props to the guys at Toxoc Diesel. Ryan and Kyle busted butt to get me home. I drove 250 miles to have them do the work, and mostly because when talking to local shops on the phone they acted like they didn't want to do it. I mean come on, I got the cash are you telling me that in this economy you want to turn away work just cause it isn't gonna be easy.

I called Fabian, actually he called me and I just brought it up, and he was "heck yeah we can do that!" So he got my business.

I didn't have enough space in the garage for a CCLB, to shut the door. After seeing the work done, I realized that I may have been able to do this myself but it was nice knowing I had people that actually knew what they were doing.

But props to the guys at Toxic. They let me watch the entire process, and even lend a hand. I have a new found respect for anyone wanting to get into one of these things!! I can wrench on an Apache Helicopter but this is a whole different animal.

Thanks Guys,
Brandon

Glad you are happy with it... Usually shops charge you more for watching LOL

Correct they are next door. And I did call them. I also called Bakers Diesel in Ogden, they were willing but unfortunately already had three other trucks scheduled and I was under a time constraint. Jim at Bakers was awesome, he gave me some tips on questions to ask. Nathan at MPI was willing but also had prior commitments. I was willing to drive to anyone willing to do the work.

Yeah they should of charged more for all the qustions I asked!! LOL! But they were very patient and "let" me in on the decisions on what needed to be done. They more steered me in the right direction.

Most shops never mentioned decking the heads Nathan and Toxic made sure that I knew that would be a possibilty. They were decked, they didn't "need" it but they were off and to make sure I had no further issues I had it done. We went .005 thats all that was needed to clean up the ring around the valves from the old gasket. Went from B's on both sides to C's.

Most shops will take a look at your heads and then make the call to you and let you know. GDS is a busy place that's for sure.

Glad you got it squared away. You should come out to RMR on the street legal nights. We need more diesels racing in the series.

Ehhh, racing would just be embarassing. To me!! I'm slow. My tune is a light one. If I came in under a minute I would be screaming!! Maybe after the funds recuperate and I can afford to break something again! LOL!

It's an ET class so no need to go fast. It would be good to have a lot more diesels there. You have a chance of winning $50 each time they are held. I never understood it because the midnight drags of a ton of guys show up and they won't win cash no matter what?...Idiots.

Back