Im stumped

homewrecker

gear jammer
Got an 05 here at my house. Truck had heavy black smoke(no tuner kind of, will explain later), rattled, getting the grid heater light associated with the latest chrysler flash, popping out the tail pipe when lifting off the throttle, while idling if ramped up to 2k rpm it returns to idle in steps( kind of choppy sounding coming down like the rp is hanging at random levels) Replaced the injectors with a known good set and it has fixed everything but the returning to idle issue. Have swapped the cp3 and every possible sensor, capped the rail, rechecked connector tubes torque. Truck is not throwing any codes. Want to also note that the truck has a very touchy throttle like the TM has been disabled. Heres where it got interesting for me. The owner informed me that the truck will not take any downloaded tune except a Smarty. He had tried a Bullydog he owned and a friends PPE, neither would load but a smarty would. He took it to the dealer to be flashed and all they can do is verify it has the most recent Chrysler update(probably from Smarty) but can not do anything beyond that. Im at a loss on what to do next. Any ideas?