In light of recent events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can see I'm not welcome here so I will says goodbye to you good folks and I won't let the screen door hit me in the ass.:Cheer:

Bye Now

You know everyone is welcome here. Your comment wasnt worded very well and no one here has wronged you in anyway.

Well I can see I'm not welcome here so I will says goodbye to you good folks and I won't let the screen door hit me in the ass.:Cheer:

I think nearly everyone is welcome here. But when you make stupid assumptions with no basis and insult someone to that level, things change. BYE!

The worst part is this thread is about safety concerns and what can be done to protect the driver when something does happen. Not who is the best driver and the best truck builder as we all know that McRat has proclaimed that honor for himself.

Now Mike, you know we got mad love for our resident Inglewoodian. :woohoo:

Seriously folks, give Mike a break, God knows we all sometimes word things the wrong way. (no pun intended)

you beat me to it about the pun Tim....

The next time John Force or Troy Coughlin (or any pro racer) gets out of shape and wrecks, you should call them up and tell them they cant handle their car........you make enough passes down a strip or track and something bad is bound to happen, some later than others......

..............Ahem.............

Get this thing back on topic guys.

After all of this, what's the concensus on the 1/8 mi? What if this happened @ 120 mph.

what was the topic again Tim?????

i think cause we are heavier we should be running a little better cage than the lighter cars, not necessarily more bars, just thicker.....

Sorry I must have misinterpeted seeing the wheels turn to the right after the truck hit the left railing and stay right with no correction. When truck came across the track the throttle was layed into when he went through the right side railing. Did I see it wrong? Besides being knocked sensless, not being strapped in properly, or panic; what else causes you to hit throttle just before you go through a barrier? As far as the wheels pointing right without correction, steering might have been damaged so i won't get into that.

So BIGPOWR, educate me in my error and tell me where you think I went wrong. Once again I am not commenting here to pick on Gary. This is a very good educational video to learn from and make us think more about the others that may get hurt, not just the driver.
I guess you could see what was going on inside the truck also. the impact with the gaurd rail could have turned the tires. If I recall the motor was ripped from its mounts, could just maybe cause the throttle to go wot.

Okay.

Gary Crashed.....

The why is not what we are talking about.

Thank you Tim. :what: Did I really?? Gary

Gary, maybe I missed somewhere in the past 332 posts, but what did you have in there? A full or partial cage? Or was it a bar? How many point mount? What diameter and gauge tubing was it?

Gary, maybe I missed somewhere in the past 332 posts, but what did you have in there? A full or partial cage? Or was it a bar? How many point mount? What diameter and gauge tubing was it?

6 point, 4 inside the cab with a halo, and two bars out of the back of the cab welded to the frame rail. I believe the tubing was 1.50, and I have no idea on the thickness as S&S built it. I can find out next weekend as I will be stripping all the salvageable pieces off of the truck. And no, I don't intend to re-use it. Certain organizations want it for test purpose's. Now if everyone is through with the flaming, let's get back on the original topic. Life is way too short to argue. Either we help ourselves, or someone else will and I'm real sure that none of us will like it. Goodnight to all, and a blessed Easter. Gary

The worst part is this thread is about safety concerns and what can be done to protect the driver when something does happen. Not who is the best driver and the best truck builder as we all know that McRat has proclaimed that honor for himself.

Since the staff at this board lets personal insults in tech threads, I finally give up. Here's my post in CompD format:

Fk you Steve. You're a no-talent lying POS.

I never said I'm the best driver or best the truck builder. But all you Dodge guys (and Dodge wannabees like Compton Ghetto Masters) seem to think I am for some reason.

Yesterday my transfer case grenaded throwing pieces over 20' as I hit boost in second gear. You know, the "converter lock" point? This instantly oiled down the tires at WOT. I got the truck over to the side with no drama. But if I reacted wrong, I would have been on my roof (and adequate rollbar) like the dragster right before me.

This was an "Accident" as the truck was checkout'd all over and driven to the track with zero problems. It has never had a transfer case problem, nor is it common.

The safety equipment that saved my ass was not a rollbar, it was seattime. Something I don't have to lie about like you do.

Why is it the non-racers like you are always the biggest freaking Nazi's? Dumbass interwebby faggot BrokeBack cowboys.

Since you have claimed many times to be a professional dragracer for decades (I'm a hobbiest racer who runs a laboratory, a "geek") I challenge you to a duel.

Once again, bring any POS you've fk'd up to the track, and I will spank you again, and again, and again, just like all the times in the past.

Identical cars/trucks would not be fair, so bring a TF/FC or something to equalize the difference in talent.

Do I need to give you a head start also?

:tree:

Let's go. Right now. Your daily driver verses mine. Puzzy. :owned:

Since the staff at this board lets personal insults in tech threads, I finally give up. Here's my post in CompD format:

I never said I'm the best driver or best the truck builder. But all you Dodge guys (and Dodge wannabees like Compton Ghetto Masters) seem to think I am for some reason.

Yesterday my transfer case grenaded throwing pieces over 20' as I hit boost in second gear. You know, the "converter lock" point? This instantly oiled down the tires at WOT. I got the truck over to the side with no drama. But if I reacted wrong, I would have been on my roof (and adequate rollbar) like the dragster right before me.

This was an "Accident" as the truck was checkout'd all over and driven to the track with zero problems. It has never had a transfer case problem, nor is it common.

The safety equipment that saved my ass was not a rollbar, it was seattime. Something I don't have to lie about like you do.

Why is it the non-racers like you are always the biggest freaking Nazi's? Dumbass interwebby faggot BrokeBack cowboys.

Since you have claimed many times to be a professional dragracer for decades (I'm a hobbiest racer who runs a laboratory, a "geek") I challenge you to a duel.

Once again, bring any POS you've fk'd up to the track, and I will spank you again, and again, and again, just like all the times in the past.

Identical cars/trucks would not be fair, so bring a TF/FC or something to equalize the difference in talent.

Wow, easy Pat it is Easter it will all be better tomorrow

Dennis

Last edited:
Seems it's the only type of communication permitted here. Just trying to blend in.

Say, shouldn't you be DQ'g the Easter Bunny or something?

;)

Pat, congratulation's on the save. You are correct in saying that SEAT time is very important. There is no substitute for experience, and I believe that Dennis will be spraying the "ETHER" Bunny.:charger: Gary

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts like this, that are intended to do nothing more than inflame a thread or start crap with another member will not be tolerated. We've given a wide berth to many people here...not any more.

CompD is not a dumping ground for personal agenda's or vendetta's.

Pat will be gone for a while....maybe he can come back at some point and actually contribute....but if any other member would like a vacation also...just write a post like Pat's and we'll be more than happy to oblige.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back