In need of some help.

450god

Here to learn!
To make a long story short...This morning I went to slide my fuel plate forward a bit to get a little extra. I read up on a bunch of forums and had it locked, first problem was there was no break-away bolt I needed to chizzle. I assumed someone had been in there before. I get down to the plate and turns out there is a aftermarket plate in there with a #8 stamped on the top. It was interesting to find this because my main question is I have heard that aftermarket plates really open these trucks up and make a huge difference. Well im convinced that this truck is near stock power and should be expiriencing a little more power. So I dove into the AFC and adjusted a couple things to wear I should be getting max fuel at the bottom. There is no power and no smoke so Iam a little confused, any help is appreciated guys! Thanks

OFV would be first thing I would check...

I'm assuming fuel filter is good.

I changed the fuel filter today before I started this whole process and made sure it ran good after. As for the OFV, should I just buy a kit or is there a way to test it?

also after looking at the symptoms of that going bad, about 4 out of the 6 I can relate to my truck, is it normal for this to completely make your truck run like junk?