Indian made 5.9 with Allison trans,

RonA

Finally made progress with this MRAP motor and trans. Offered to trade some ammo for it and I think he's going to go for it. Hopefully I can swap it to something like a 180 pump and then find a host.

I posted the numbers off it a year or 2 ago, but wasn't able to find out anything specific. Looks like a 12V, the AFC is a bit different on the p-pump though.

B5.9 123 10(might be an 8 instead of a zero)
0835 125hp @ 2500 rpm
So 10035
40M

Might make a nice set up for a small dump truck with the Allison trans.

RonA

Last edited:
I posted the numbers off it a year or 2 ago, but wasn't able to find out anything specific. Looks like a 12V, the AFC is a bit different on the p-pump though.

B5.9 123 10(might be an 8 instead of a zero)
0835 125hp @ 2500 rpm
So 10035
40M

Might make a nice set up for a small dump truck with the Allison trans.

RonA
or something much lighter and faster. :poke:

Did you bother Mr. Mumau at all for information? He usually is the bees knees with that chit.

Last edited:
I might look into making a big brother for my Lister generator to play with. If it's the same mounting and gears as the US version, maybe I can buy a pump to run it at a steady rpm and get a 3 phase generator head.

Sent an email to Cummins India yesterday. Hopefully they can tell me what it is. According to their literature, they use Bosch pumps so I'm hopeful I can make something out of it.