industrial injection twins

Not to sound like a straight hater, I am glad to see them at least offering something.

Pressure shouldn't be that bad. Its got the potential to be a .9 A/R, and if you swapped to a 10 blade wheel like an 03 turbine you could get a little less pressure, but at the sacrifice of some surface area for spool up.

Twins are cool as hell. WHat do you guys think about this setup?

S400 74mm with a 1.10 a/r and an S300 66mm with a .88 a/r

BTW, II is changing the adapter flange. Even if it's not as restrictive as it looks, the "Z" bend isn't the best design. I've used a custom flange on a local truck and there wasn't a noticable difference, but it was a 62/70 and we weren't pushing the turbo as hard as we could.

Twins are cool as hell. WHat do you guys think about this setup?

S400 74mm with a 1.10 a/r and an S300 66mm with a .88 a/r

Myself...I would like to try a 62/70 for the top, and a 78-80mm for the bottom.
Reason: the II 62/70 is waste gated internally = less piping mods...
or,
Leave the stock '03 turbo on top, run it to see the back pressure, and install a waste gate on the up-pipes, which dump into the drive feed for the bottom charger.
Reason: stock turbo will prolly spool up faster than the 62/70...and with the bottom charger pushing the volume it will...who cares if it's smaller....quick boost is what I would want...

I have never seen an Industrial Injection pedistal, but I really like the one Elite makes for a T-4.....(No price thou on their site...:bang)

Myself...I would like to try a 62/70 for the top, and a 78-80mm for the bottom.
Reason: the II 62/70 is waste gated internally = less piping mods...

FYI: This setup sounds very familiar. A 62/70 is best suited with a 71mm or 74mm bottom charger. I'm running a 62/70 and S480 and the backpressure is a wee bit high when the boost rises over 35psi. That S480 flows ALOT and the internal wastegate is nowhere near big enough. A box stock S400 with the 74mm or 71mm wheel would be a better setup if you do not want to plumb in an external wastegate also. I will be putting one in for next year.

Tyler

I have never seen an Industrial Injection pedistal, but I really like the one Elite makes for a T-4.....(No price thou on their site...:bang)

looks basically the same as the stock one

Extended power is that your experiance or your opinion cause tyler hit the nail on the head. Tim the 1.10ar is a bit small if your lookin for 1000 hp.

FYI: This setup sounds very familiar. A 62/70 is best suited with a 71mm or 74mm bottom charger. I'm running a 62/70 and S480 and the backpressure is a wee bit high when the boost rises over 35psi. That S480 flows ALOT and the internal wastegate is nowhere near big enough. A box stock S400 with the 74mm or 71mm wheel would be a better setup if you do not want to plumb in an external wastegate also. I will be putting one in for next year.

Tyler

Hey Tyler,

What A/R is your Turbine housing on the S480? What size are you planning on running with a 74mm?

Second question,

Why not just run a larger hp charger and an external wastegate. Like a 64mm or a 66mm?

Hey Tyler,

What A/R is your Turbine housing on the S480? What size are you planning on running with a 74mm?

I couldn't tell you that one. But it's BIG!! Not touching the big turbo. Me and Shawn have some ideas for my setup, including an external wastegate. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that are or maybe planning on compounds. If you are going with a 62/70 which I would, stick with a 71 or 74mm S400 as the big charger. The S480 is ALOT of turbo and a bit much for the 62/70. On the street though it is a pretty sweet combo.
Tyler

Extended power is that your experiance or your opinion cause tyler hit the nail on the head. Tim the 1.10ar is a bit small if your lookin for 1000 hp.

Maybe if you could read, and spell a little better, you could stop being a dick to everything I post...

Read it again: Myself...I would like to try a 62/70 for the top, and a 78-80mm for the bottom.

Just about ready to tell you to kiss my hairy brown star Shawn...

Oh...and look..I used a capital "S" in front of your name to show respect.

I wish the Genie from PeeWee's Playhouse could jump out after you said brown star and say Mekaleka High Meka Hiney Ho.

Back