industrial injection twins

Maybe if you could read, and spell a little better, you could stop being a dick to everything I post...

Read it again: Myself...I would like to try a 62/70 for the top, and a 78-80mm for the bottom.

Just about ready to tell you to kiss my hairy brown star Shawn...

Oh...and look..I used a capital "S" in front of your name to show respect.

I don't know what went south between you two...but take that sh!t somewhere else and quit cluttering up our board with it.

I'm running a 62/70 and S480 and the backpressure is a wee bit high when the boost rises over 35psi.

Tyler: Are you referring to the 62/70 as having too much back pressure?
-If so, can't you just add a small wastegate to the up-pipes, and feed it into the drive pressure of the bottom charger?

I'm running a 62/70 and S480 and the backpressure is a wee bit high when the boost rises over 35psi.

Tyler: Are you referring to the 62/70 as having too much back pressure?
-If so, can't you just add a small wastegate to the up-pipes, and feed it into the drive pressure of the bottom charger?

Yes sir. That is exactly what we are going to do. The wastegate on the 62/70 helps for sure but is nowhere big enough for that big beast once it starts spooling hard. Come spring we will try that out. For the winter it's staying the way it is and it's already got the sled deck bolted in the box and is just waiting to hit the hwy to the mountains next month.
Tyler

Those would screw up the pedestal mounting location, on the "stock" turbo thou...

Wicked looking stuff thou for sure.

yeah but with drive pressures like that you head gaskets arent going to last..

Those are pretty sweet!! May be an option that's for sure. Looks to be very high quality also. Ivan you need one of those for sure and your truck will be quite the animal.

They are high quality. Chris over there is a good guy to deal with.

yeah but with drive pressures like that you head gaskets arent going to last..

Tyler, or me?

Jeez I hope studs hold more then 65 Psi boost....or exhaust pressure...
Thought I remember Gene running around the 65-70psi mark with his 72mm.

I think that starting with a flat deck surface, heads, and studs, it will last a while...only time will tell, but after this summer...pulling the holiday trailer in 100+*F heat, with 225's, and 1300+*F egt's (On flat ground)...it should of puked if it was going to.........or maybe it just welded itself together...

Going to throw this out there for everyone:

Daily driving etc you want your drive pressure 1.2 to 1.3 of boost pressure

Racing and high performance stuff, you want the drive pressure around 1:1.

Extended, you setup is too high which generally leads to problems. That's all Rob is trying to say.

What is your exact setup. I know you are running a 66, what size turbine wheel and what A/R?

Going to throw this out there for everyone:

Daily driving etc you want your drive pressure 1.2 to 1.3 of boost pressure

Racing and high performance stuff, you want the drive pressure around 1:1.

Extended, you setup is too high which generally leads to problems. That's all Rob is trying to say.

What is your exact setup. I know you are running a 66, what size turbine wheel and what A/R?

Those drive pressures were with the 225cc injectors. (Now have 190's)
Yes, I know all too well that my setup was not right for pulling.
But damn...change the A/R on the turbine housing to a .80, and WOW...what a difference. Wicked on the street. (Worse for pulling)

I could have installed a wastegate like Shawn and Tyler said back in the summer...but I just wanted to drive the truck...and every time I changed the turbine housing, I got more performance, but less "Pull-ability" for a holiday trailer.
So instead of hacking up my pipes, and adding a wastegate, I was thinking of changing turbos.....to the II 62/70 or 62/80. That is when I was asking all the questions about them. And someone got their poop in a knot, thinking I was slamming the turbo's, when all I ever wanted was feedback on them, so I could get the right one...:bang
I am still looking for the second charger for my system...in the mean time, others can play, and experiment with their trucks to find the perfect "Twin" package...I'm gonna run what I got for now, and wait for the answer to come from a vendor in "Kit" form.

Not trying to bash you or your setup. Just trying to figure out why your back pressure is so high.

I would choose higher backpressure to a .80A/R any day. When I had an .83 it was like waiting on an old person in the restroom, they just take forever, but when they finally get out the way, if feels so good to do your business.

I thought Brian had the 6.0 turbo's dialed in better.

I thought Brian had the 6.0 turbo's dialed in better.

Brian has his selling abilities dialed in....

I know someone else who is running his stuff and let me tell you ....same problem..almost 2 to 1 drive pressure

Ivan all i was tryin to say was tyler said it best with regard to sizing, a 62/70 bolted to a s400 with a 71 or 74 wheel works good, but if you go with a bigger top chrager you'll have todo more work, i never claimed i passed english, i'm just some back woods hick from butt f*ck norhtern canada that got lucky with a setup. I've told you servaeral times i'll try and help you out,

an S200 is to small for the s480, you need the s300 with a 64 or 66 to run that turbo to the max , my opinion

What territory is butt f*ck canada in? Its probably somewhere near Loompa Land. Do you also have Vermicious Kanids there?

Round the world and home again
That's the sailor's way
Faster faster, faster faster

There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining, is it snowing
Is a hurricane a-blowing

Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing
Is the grisly reaper mowing

Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

Buddy you need some sleep. You must be crazy to be picking on a fellow Canadian. Laugh all you want about my wonderful country just don't say anything about our beer.

Molson? Is that the beer that comes in a Sippy cup so when the limpwrist gives out and the beer tips over it doesn't spill.

Back