Inevitable U-Joints Going Out, what upgrade?

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
Ok, it seems my u joints are on their way out. I've been told that u-joints are the only other real week link in the drive train besides tranny/converter/flex plate when making big power. So instead of putting stock ones back in what's a good upgraded replacement for me considering at some point (in about a year maybe but upgrading in steps) i'd like to be shooting for some quick e.t.s (12s 11s)? Part numbers are nice. Thanks for the suggestions. Truck is a 4x4 97 std. cab 2500 with 4.10s and LSD.

I put in some Brute Force ones ..... no grease fitting.......... they seem good and beefy ....... Auto Zone $15.00 ea

ended up going with the GMB deals from NAPA which are listed as their performance upgrade. they do have a grease fitting. we'll see how they hold.

Yea I read in like 5-6 places to avoid the grease fittings ...... I think they are all good ... just luck of the draw........... Good luck!

Spicers are about the best IMO... They last longer than the greasable ones. Stronger too because there is no hole machined in the cross for grease, just a solid cross.

I second BEN for what it is worth, I run All SPICER/DANA joints :pop:
Brandon

Back