Infinity conversion

dzlpwr

Does anyone know what all it takes to add the Infinity sound system to an 06 Dodge Ram if it is even possible? It looks like all you need is the speakers, tweeters, and the amp. Does anyone know if you need to buy a different wiring harness to do this or does the factory one have the provisions?

Me personally I don't think it sounds much better. I would go with an entire aftermarket system instead. I would say the whole harness would have to be replaced. I would just use the factory harness and get an adapter pig tail for an after market head unit then just replace the speakers with something alot better.

I have the factory infinity dodge deck if you wanna buy it. Speakers too. Works great, but an aftermarket audio set-up is far better, which is why im trying to sell the factory one:-D

If you look into aftermarket audio, i would recommend the polk DB series, awesome speaker for the money, best stereo I have ever heard and it cost me less than $1200 through crutchfield for kenwood deck, kenwood amp, Polk DB speakers 6x9 front and 6 1/4rear, 2 10" MTX woofers w/ internal amp and thunderform box to fit under rear seats, polk DB tweeters and everything needed for install. Works great for Rock, metal, country, classical, and rap. Couldn't be happier with it. $.02

Just go aftermarket. It'll sound 10x better and cost a lot less. My sound system sounds better than dad's factory "bose" system. I recommend polk momo/alpine type r/infinity kappa 6.5" 2 way components in the front doors with a 250w 2ch amp, an alpine head unit, and polk/alpine/infinity 6.5" 2 way's in the rear.

Car Audio

Hey I worked as a Mobile audio installer and customizer as a second job for a while. My suggestion is if you want a clean and clear sound spend the little bit of money and get a good aftermarket head unit and then some higher end component infinty, Boston Acoustic, or eclipse speakers. That will take care of your mids and highs. For your lower end sound I profer eclipse 10" aluminum subs. They are clean and clear and not so loud that you shake your hat off of your head. If you want some more info let me know. I can even design how and were to install everything for the best sound.

Back