info needed-want to build 12v 800's hp

nc-12vpower

We have a 97 12v that we want to build for truck pulling. We would like 800's hp (on fuel) for the 2.6 class. Of course we want a realiable setup.

Would like feedback of actual motor/turbo builds.

you havent been a member for a while. a month is not a while. search skills must suck then, because if you have been searching " for a while" you would have a pretty good idea by now.

you said 800 hp and reliable in the same sentence...............LOL

If you do not know to build it, let others to do it for you,(or lower your level) but it might be expencive.

you havent been a member for a while. a month is not a while. search skills must suck then, because if you have been searching " for a while" you would have a pretty good idea by now.

yea I have seached but there is a lot of different post and it diffcult to put them together, so yes my search skills suck. BTW closer to 6 weeks than a month

I don't think 10k is going to get you very far having someone else build a 800hp 12v for a 2.6" class.

I been a member a while and have been searching (this is my 1st post) thanks for the help

I searched too, and will admit that I didn't come up with any definitive answers to your question. I think you'd have a better chance at finding your answer if you break the question up into a few different parts, and search that way.

1. What single 2.6 charger is capable of making 800 on fuel? Several people have dyno graphs, or time slips indicative of this power level.
Turbo technology seems to be changing daily. There are always new products on the market, as well as the old tried and true turbos (I.E. sliver bullet)

2. What combination of pump mods and injectors have yielded in the range of 800hp?
Tons of info on this site. Some guys with 13mm built pumps, some with 12mm pumps, and even one or two with 160's that have never been benched. Look at top names in the game like Schied, northeast diesel, garmon, dpe, cds,
poll: who do i send my pump to... - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

3. What mods have been done to increase reliability when making xxx power?
Think about pistons with deeper top ring lands, wider bowls for more timing or wider injector patterns, piston coatings, porting, studs, girdles, upgraded rod bolts, fire rings/o rings, coolant bypass systems, harmonic balancers, bolt on cam gears, kdp, balanced rotating assembly, staked in freeze plugs, clipped water pumps, electric water pumps, etc.

Hope this helps a little more than my 1st response.

-jp

I searched too, and will admit that I didn't come up with any definitive answers to your question. I think you'd have a better chance at finding your answer if you break the question up into a few different parts, and search that way.

1. What single 2.6 charger is capable of making 800 on fuel? Several people have dyno graphs, or time slips indicative of this power level.
Turbo technology seems to be changing daily. There are always new products on the market, as well as the old tried and true turbos (I.E. sliver bullet)

2. What combination of pump mods and injectors have yielded in the range of 800hp?
Tons of info on this site. Some guys with 13mm built pumps, some with 12mm pumps, and even one or two with 160's that have never been benched. Look at top names in the game like Schied, northeast diesel, garmon, dpe, cds,
poll: who do i send my pump to... - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

3. What mods have been done to increase reliability when making xxx power?
Think about pistons with deeper top ring lands, wider bowls for more timing or wider injector patterns, piston coatings, porting, studs, girdles, upgraded rod bolts, fire rings/o rings, coolant bypass systems, harmonic balancers, bolt on cam gears, kdp, balanced rotating assembly, staked in freeze plugs, clipped water pumps, electric water pumps, etc.

Hope this helps a little more than my 1st response.

-jp

Thanks