Info on the Ansin 6-speed automatic.

Digger_717

Banned
Takin from Ansin's website:

1.Product Name:
6-Speed Automatic Transmission for Light Duty Trucks

2.Characteristics:
(1) Improvement of operational performance and fuel efficiency
(a) Fuel efficiency as well as acceleration and driving power is improved by optimal gear sep up, adapted both a new developed torque converter with multi-disk type lock up and a sophisticated gear train arrangement (3 to 6-speed closer gear ratio)
(b) When a brake pedal is stepped on and stops, a gear will be changed into neutral automatically. It enables to improve fuel efficiency by reducing engine load.

(2) Improvement of engine braking performance
(a) When exhaust brake is used, the new automatic transmission controls braking force in accordance with driving speed, road inclination, and vehicle weight by automatic selection for the combination of gear ratio and lock-up control system.
*the world first development for the light duty (2-4t) commercial vehicle
(b) Improved the life of brake pad because of less number of applying foot brake.

(3) Compact-size as 4-speed automatic transmission
By adopting a sophisticated gear train arrangement and less number of components, this 6-speed automatic transmission becomes compact as the conventional 4-speed automatic transmission as well as secures the durability corresponding to use of tracks.

6at.jpg

Not to burst your bubble but i believe if you crawl under your truck you will find a 68RFE trans and not the Ansin

I thought that the early 3500 trucks had an Asian? I know the 4500 and 5500 have them.

curtrwall said:
Not to burst your bubble but i believe if you crawl under your truck you will find a 68RFE trans and not the Ansin

No bubbles busted here....I have the Ansin 6 speed.

Digger_717 said:
No bubbles busted here....I have the Ansin 6 speed.

OR shall I say I was told I did..............I will now investigate more.

ON EDIT>>>>>It seems I do have the 68RTE transmission...I stand corrected.

What can anybody tell me good or bad about the 68RTE transmission???

Last edited:
idk whats going on here! so what is it the ansin or the 68rte? it would say ansin SOMEwhere in the brochure or window sticker im sure... if it had it

Not to burst ALL of your bubbles, but it's AISIN, not Ansin.

Sheesh

NPloysa said:
Not to burst ALL of your bubbles, but it's AISIN, not Ansin.

Sheesh

NPloysa is right..... but the Aisin is only available in mid duty and maybe cab&chassis for 07.... not sure if there is future plans to make it available in 2500 and 3500s. Would be nice since the Aisin is a copy of the Allison.

Dont worry about it. The 68RFE seems to be a good transmission. Ive test driven both an LMM dmax with allison, and a 6.7 with 68RFE. I prefered the dodge tranny to the allison. The allys are good transmissions but i absolutely despise the way they have to defuel on the shifts. I like a nice crisp feeling shift, but thats just my $.02

They are in the 3500 -5500 cab and chassis only.
The reg. 3500 is just the 68RFE.

68RFE is based off of the 545RFE in the V8 trucks, the 545RFE' s have had an issue at about 60,000 miles to have major failures, not all of them, but more than I would like to see. Decent gear spreads, Goerend has been doing some work on them and has had good results.