Initial Impressions of the 181/210 on my VP'd truck

Smoke

VP Puller Playin Catch-Up
First off what I'm working with. Its in my sig, but some people never look.

'99 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Short Bed 4x4 5-speed with with 3.54 gears and 305/70/16 tires.
On the street I run the smarty on level 4 and a Drag Comp.
For sled pulling, my first run to date was with the Drag Comp hooked up as an EZ with the MAP sensor unplugged and a Redline set @ 80%. I'm on a fairly "new to me" set of 7x.013 injectors and a Silver Bullet.

I only have a couple hundred miles on the truck since the cam install and can tell a HUGE difference in spoolup, ease of driving, and MAJOR drop in EGT's. In some cases, AT LEAST 400* lower. I was very concerned when making a test hook the other night as to whether I'd be able to come off the line in my big gear (10.76:1 Final :bang)with the new charger, as it was hard enough with the SPS62 I had before. Granted, the complete setup was all new for this initial pull, but the truck has NEVER even come close to coming out as hard as it did the other night. It spooled the charger very well and made the truck scream and run great out of the hole.

On the street, I've only had the edge on level 3 to try to keep from tearing anything up before SDX, but EGT's stay around 1200* WOT.

Hope I didn't jinx myself, but so far so good.

Very happy and money well spent.

Any questions feel free to get in touch with me.

Rodney Dryden
859-954-0060
cummins4408@hotmail.com

Thanks Zach,

Rodney

good deal man glad your happy with it ... I'll be putting mine in arround nov and I'm sure I'll be just as happy with it as you are.

good deal man glad your happy with it ... I'll be putting mine in arround nov and I'm sure I'll be just as happy with it as you are.

Nice. I'm bout to swap a 66 wheel on to my truck and was a little nervous about the spool but this makes me hopeful.

Spoolup with the Silver Bullet is almost as quick as the old SPS62 used to be.

Good deal man!! Mine is going in here in the next week or so and cant freakin wait!!!